trying to not fall over

>> Monday, October 13, 2008

Ok, so it was a ROUGH night last night in my house.

The baby was wanting to eat every hour or 2. He's SLIGHTLY feverish. So i think it was just a comfort thing for him and helped him to go back to sleep which bonus, keeps his fluids up so i let him. But it meant i had to be very tired. Then at 4 all "you know what" hit the fan... literally. I mean just as i finished nursing him he pooped and it went up the the back of his neck! And all over me and my pillow since thats what i lay him on when i'm nursing in the middle of the night. So i get him, then me, then my bed all cleaned up. by now it was 5. I went upstairs to get a new pillow case and i hear a thud. My 2 year old JUMPED out of bed. He told me he almost fell ot of bed because it was wet, so he had to jump. Sure enough, he was soaked and his sheets were a little wet. So i strip him, get him cleaned up, then his bed. By this time, the baby wanted to eat again because it was about 6. And the 2 year old was up and ready to play by 7:30 because he had gone to bed early the night before. So yes... needless to say i'm tired today! Pray for me that they both take a nap (and at the same time) so i can too!

Ok, onto my card that i actually worked on mostly yesterday and just added my final touches today.

The challenge on Stamp Challenges this week was to make something for a friend. How convenient... i already wanted to make something for a friend of mine. But working on little sleep and little mojo, i decided to use a sketch challenge from I{heart}2stamp.com. I'm a big fan of sketches. Especially when the mojo is low. I still had a hard time with this one and i had a sketch to go off of! Irgh. For some reason i just couldnt get it to look right. But i've given in. I think it's still a decently cute card. I'm including some stamped images for my friend as well. I will leave her nameless, just in case she happens to read my blog. But she deserves some time to relax and color some. :)

Ok, onto the card already!



I used my new CC Designs stamp set that i ordered to teach a class with at The Scrapbook Company. Too bad they gave us a week to tell us they are closing down. I know i know, i already posted about that. But i'm still bitter.
The set was released last month and is called Rubber Ducky. You can get the stamps at All That Scraps
The paper is some that i picked up at Hobby Lobby so i think the maker is probably The Paper Studio but i cant be positive on that as i just used some scraps for this card. I love the colors though. I used my copic markers to color my little monkey friend. And liquid pearls to add in my little accents on the sides of my card.

Thats pretty much it. Now of course i wanted to get the card out in the mail today along with some other things, but it's a holiday. I totally forgot about that. So they'll all go in the mail tomorrow.

I have a couple of craft projects i'd like to get done before my sister gets into town on Thursday (i'm SO excited). So we'll see if any of them get accomplished. Of course if a nap from the kiddos happens today, craft projects will not be worked on then. I'll be sleeping!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kathryn Monday, October 13, 2008  

So CUTE -- LOVE the monkey stamp -- just adorable! :)

~Denise Lynn~ Monday, October 13, 2008  

What an adorable card, love those images. Thanks for playing along with our challenge. :)

Amy Tuesday, October 14, 2008  

Wow..yes I'll pray you get a nap you poor thing! I really love your blog. Congrats on getting mentioned in Unity's mix up Monday! Go YOU!!

LAURENCE Thursday, October 16, 2008  

What a lovely card. I love paper and image
Bye
LAURENCE

Lisa H. Friday, October 17, 2008  

okya, katie! you must be the luckiest girl around and are going to make a lot of Unity addicts sooo jealous. I just read that you won the Stamp Something Challenge. Congrats. and what a fun card you made, too. Here's the details. http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com/2008/10/winners.html

Cheryl Walker Sunday, October 19, 2008  

Very cute card!!!!! Love that stamp you used!!!!

Cheryl

Anonymous,  Sunday, October 19, 2008  

Super cute card, love the ducky and monkey! I have to go check out that website for those stamps :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP