Blog Candy and a little Whiff of Joy

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man - i cant seem to catch a break from this weekend til now! The baby developed thrush which has made him fussy, and when the baby is fussy and i'm holding him more jack gets clingy. All the while my hubby has been very busy working, and quite frankly, a little cranky the past 2 days which means he goes to retreat mode in his office when his day is done (not that i can blame him, i like to retreat to my craft room too!) but i just havent been able to stamp a thing! I really want to redo my craft room, but i have so many projects i want to work on too. ACK! Jack is in school right now, but i really need to do some grocery shopping before i pick him up. With any luck the boys will let me craft the afternoon. I'll give jack paint if i have to! :)

Ok, now on to my posting for today...
first i'll let ya know about a little blog candy because everyone likes blog candy and bonus - it's a 10.00 gift certificate to my friends store, a page at a time. But she's doing this candy in a super fun way. You go to THIS POST and leave a comment saying that I (katie cotton or paper makeup) sent you. You can then turn around and post it on your blog and tell your friends to tell her that you sent them. :) How fun, huh? For every person that you send, you get another entry into the pot. The winner is still pulled randomly so it isnt whoever has the most wins, but the more you have, the more likely you are to get pulled. I think it's a super fun idea! So go check it out! HERE

Ok, here's my creation that i actually made on thursday or friday?? Heck, i dont even know any more! haha. It's a gift box/bag. I have filled it up with hersey kisses. :)

This stamp is from the Whiff of Joy stamp collection. She's one of the guardian angel stamps called Melinda Blowing Kisses. I just love these designs by Elisabeth Bell. They are so beautiful! And the box template i got from the owner of Whiff of Joy, the fabulous Katharina Frei! You can see the tutorial yourself here. And all i can say is i want a scorpal! I'm either really dumb when it comes to scoring, or i just cant convert centimeters to anything my brain understands. But i managed to adjust a few things and get this box to work for me. Haha. I think it might be a little bit skinnier than her box.




The image is colored with Copic markers (my fav way to color) and then i've added my highlights with a signio white gel pen. I've also done a little extra love with a spica pen for some pizazz. But that doesnt usually show up in my photos. But it's a really pretty effect in person! :)



Here are some other deets of the card...

Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate by SU, purple pizzazzill (textured patterned cardstock) by bazzill, bubble blue by bazzill, Sweet Blush by PaperTrey Ink
Stamps: Melinda Blowing Kisses by Whiff of Joy, Sentiment is from Mixed Messages by PaperTrey Ink
Ribbon: Chocolate twill and Sweet Blush swiss dot satin ribbon both by PaperTrey Ink
Other tools: Dotted Scallop border punch by martha stewart, word window punch by SU

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Katharina Frei Tuesday, October 28, 2008  

Absolutely beautiful Katie!!!
Your colouring and the accents you set with the gel pen are terrific.
The scor pal doesn't have centimeter onit, so it is really hard for me to work with it..LOL
Reminds me to search for a conversion tool on the internet to convert centimeter to inch.
Hugs
katharina

Amy Tuesday, October 28, 2008  

That is so cute..love that little angel..and chocolate is always a good thing...hope you get some rest girl, sounds like you could use a nap! LOL

Anonymous,  Tuesday, October 28, 2008  

I really like your gal! Take care and know that it will only get better!

cpullum Tuesday, October 28, 2008  

How adorable!!! So cute!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP