Double Challenge

>> Sunday, October 5, 2008

I double whammied this one and made a card i'm quite pleased with this afternoon!

I used the color challenge from WCMD on splitcoast (to use lime, orangey yellow, grey, black and creamy neutral) on a card. These are NOT colors that i would typically pic. This is why i love color challenges. They make me step outside of my box. :)

But then i also used Tanis' super cute card sketch that she posted for WCMD. You can check out her sketch and her blog here!


I used Unity's Create Yourself stamp. Using markers, i colored in the stamp as i liked it and then stamped it out. If you havent tried this technique, you definitely should. Its so fun and it's fantastic to do with sentiments. Unity's singles are especially great for this technique because of their size. You can really get in there and make them super fun.
My cardstock is green Bling by bazzill, papertrey inks summer sunrise, bazzill grey and close to my heart's colonial white. I also used some black organdy (the black marker wasn't enough to me for the color challenge) and then i added some primas with a colonial white brad to top it off. And viola! My card is done. I love challenges. :)

3 comments:

Tanis Monday, October 06, 2008  

WOW! I had such a hard time with those colours...you TOTALLY made them look fabulous! I love that sentiment too...
SUPER job -thanks for playing in my sketch challenge!

Beth Monday, October 06, 2008  

The new blog look is great--and totally you!!!

Love the card, too. But I doubt I've ever seen a card of yours I didn't like.

Lynn Put Monday, October 06, 2008  

This is an awesome card! I love everything about it, the saying, the colors, the flowers - everything!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP