Finally done with the WCMD challenges

>> Monday, October 6, 2008

Phew! I did it! I completed all of the challenges! And now am entered in the drawing for the 3 Unity sets. Which would be so cool to win because 2 of them are HUGE on my wishlist right now! Just not buying things for economic crisis reasons. In other words... my hubby told me no. haha.

Ok, so here are my last cards.

Photobucket

This one was fun to do. I used Hullaballoo. I love this stamp when i saw it. and then i got it, and wasnt exactly sure what i was going to do with it. but i knew i loved it still. This was a perfect way to use the stamp. (and i saw some other great ways thru all these challenges so you'll be seeing this stamp again in the future!)

The patterned paper is by basic grey (the blush collection) and it's layered with Close to Cocoa cardstock by Stampin Up! The ink i used is the new Sorbet by Close To My Heart. Hullaballoo is layered over sweet clush cardstock by Papertry Ink. The happiness sentiment was stamped with versamark and then embossed with clear tops brown embossing powder.


This last card was a bit of a stretch for me. I'm not sure why. I like to make simple cards and this was the limited supply challenge so it should have been easy. but i think my craft mojo had run it's course. haha. The challenge called for no patterned papers and no pastel colors.

Photobucket

I chose to keep it simple without a lot of layers and use a single stamp (i do love the quote) and then layered some different floral embellishments above the sentiment. The flowers are supposed to create an "arch" like thing over the "trail". I'm not sure if that came across at ALL but hey, i tried. haha.

And now i am just totally and utterly POOPED! It was a very very long day! Of course you'll be reading this tomorrow and not today as i write this. man i love this preposting thing. :) Tomorrow (or today since you're reading this on tuesday) is Gabe's circumcision. Man i feel so bad for the poor guy. He'll be getting lots of extra love so no crafting for me. Maybe wednesday. :)

3 comments:

Shemaine Smith Monday, October 06, 2008  

Beautiful cards! I have been playing with those new ink colors and Sept's stamp of the month from CMTH all day!

Christi Flores Tuesday, October 07, 2008  

Your cards are gorgeous!! Good luck sweetie!!!

Lisa H. Tuesday, October 07, 2008  

all your cards rock, Katie! and guess what, you WON! you lucky dog, congrats. have fun with your new Untiy stamps.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP