Bella Sketch Challenge

>> Saturday, October 11, 2008

The fabulous Sarah of Scrampin' Mama has made a bella sketch. You Can see her sketch and her card here. She will be hosting a new challenge every month.

Without further ado, here is my card...


I used So Saffron cardstock by SU as my base and then layered it with some handmade and mulberry paper. The stamped image is Bubblebella by StampingBella and the sentiment is actually *GASP* a sticker! I tried a few sentiments and i just couldnt figure out how to put it on there in a way i'd like it. So i looked thru my sticker file and found some clear stickers. Now, if you're like me and just not a huge fan of the way flat stickers appear on paper you can use my little trick. I covered the sticker with Liquid Glass (by close to my heart, but there are other brands with similar effects). Suddenly it takes on a whole new appearance!


I'm not sure if you can really see it in the photo... but it looks pretty nifty in person. :)

As my norm... my image is colored with copic markers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Danni Saturday, October 11, 2008  

Very nice and how clever with the sticker!

Anonymous,  Saturday, October 11, 2008  

Love your colors...great take on the sketch. I made mine today too and hope to post it tomorrow.

Kim Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Your card is adorable! I love your color selection! What a great idea for the sticker! I am going to have to try that as I shy away from stickers b/c I don't like the look! Thanks for the GREAT tip!
Hugs~ Kim

Joan Ottevanger Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Your card is wonderful nice colors

Tara Godfrey Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Great card, Katie! Thanks for the link to the Bella sketch Challenge! I will have to check that out!! I just got a Bella stamp a few weeks ago when I visited the store in Toronto. That is one dangerous place to go let me tell ya,smile!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs, TaraG

Rachel Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Cute Cute... I wish I looked that good in the tub!

Meli Palmer Monday, October 13, 2008  

Love the "bride to be". Very, very cute card!

Unknown Wednesday, October 15, 2008  

This is great! I love the fiber paper... crap, I can't think of the name of it. Mulberry? is that right? It doesn't seem right. Oh well, hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :) hee hee.

Lynn Put Thursday, October 16, 2008  

Your card for the sketch is so cute! I like how you used the mulberry paper and the colors and flowers are fantastic!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP