Splitcoast Challenges from WCMD

>> Sunday, October 5, 2008

So i actually only got 2 of these challenges done ON world card making day. But i've noticed many places you have until Monday evening to submit your entries. PHEW. I just might get them done. I would have gotten more if i hadnt taken a snooze with my boys earlier. Hubby came in and got some photo evidence. Now i dont like sleeping pictures of me. Well, i dont like many pictures of me at this point but thats another issue. :) I WILL lose that pregnancy weight! Anyhoo - i'll post the picture later when i get it off his camera. It's kinda cute.

But here are my other 2 cards i got done yesterday. And then i'm off to work on more of the challenges today while the boys still sleep! :)

Photobucket
First i made this card. I think this is the sweetest challenge i've heard seen! Jimmi Mayo was the host of this challenge. She wanted to showcase her best friend's card making ability so the challenge was to find a card of Sherry's that we loved (not a challenge at all!) and then to CASE the card. When making our version, we had to change at least 2 elements. I was happy with my outcome. Using Unity's Butterfly Beauty, i sponge daub'ed (yes thats a word in my head) red and black ink onto the stamp. I then stamped the butterfly out onto cream colored cardstock. Then i cut out the butterfly with a craft knife. The scalloped circle was cut using my cricut accent essentials cartridge. The sentiment is also by Unity from Trifle Sentiments.
Additional Deets
Cardstock: Bazzill Bling Black Tie and Red Carpet, Close to My Heart Colonial White
Ink Close to My Heart Cranberry, Black
Embellishments: Rhinestones by Darice, Stickles

And here is card 2
Photobucket
Also created for a splitcoast challenge - this was an inspiration challenge. The inspiration was the cover of the Coldwater Creek Catalog. Sticking with my all Unity challenge, i used some leaves from the gratitude=joy set. Using a mask to layer the leaves, i inked the stamp with Distress Inks using a sponge dauber. I then added detail using a stardust clear gel pen. Then i sponged over the cardstock just to "dirty" it up. Using the same stamp and versamark ink, i stamped randomly onto my cardstock base. I used Stampin Up's mat pack to create extra texture in the corners and along the top of the card. Papertrey twill ribbon and brads finish off the card. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado.

And that was all i got done on the actual World Card Making Day itself... but i'm working on some more today that i'll also get up in a post. :)

1 comments:

Javablustamper Sunday, October 05, 2008  

I LOVE both of your cards!! They are SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you so much for sharing them!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP