Welcome Baby!

>> Friday, November 28, 2008

One of my best friends just had her baby girl early this morning!!!! If you want to go leave a little love on her blog for when she gets back home, i'm sure she'd love it!

I'm so excited to see the new precious baby! And to spoil her with all things girly! Rachel's water broke in the wee hours of the morning and she had a scheduled c section for monday! ACK! SO they rushed her in and she had a c-section in the middle of the night. I havent seen her yet (insert my boohoo here). I did give her a ring this morning and left her a message. The hospital is only a mile frm my house so i'm in heavy restraint to not just drive on over! But i also want to be a good friend and now crowd. I'll see the baby soon enough i suppose. That is if i dont completely cave and go in a little later today. :) Maybe i'll just take something yummy to eat and leave it there. What can c-section mommies eat???

Anyhoo - to pass the time i made her a little welcome baby card.

I purposely bought this sweet pea stamp from great impressions just to make this card! I just thought the image was so cute! The Welcome Little One sentiment i also bought just for this card and i've been waiting since i bought it at the stamp expo in september (you know, the one i walked around for hours trying to get my own bambino to come out!) so i was super excited to ink them up today!

I colored the image with copic markers (of course) and totally forgot to highlight with my white gel pen. I still probably will. haha. I restamped the image and colored the flower and then trimmed it out to pop up on the card. I always love it when others do this, but i rarely do it myself. I always seem to forget it's an option. I colored on top of the flower and over the baby's blanket with a spica pen. This little girl is gonna be glam, so she needed some sparkles on the card!

My sentiment piece i wanted to do the same scalloped oval theme (i used the large nesties ovals - and decided i need to get the small ovals as well so i can get some better matting going on), but since the sentiment was so long, i ended up with a lot of white space. So i stamped out the image again and cut out another flower (after coloring... dont try to color the little cut out, it'll drive you batty) and then i popped it up as well.

Additional deets...
Cardstock is Sweet Blush from Papertrey Ink, Wild Wasabi from SU and White by Georgia Pacific
Patterened Paper is designer prints in wild wasabi from SU
eyelets are spare parts
ribbon is sweet blush polka dot by papertrey ink


Thanks for stopping by and CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL!

7 comments:

Christi Flores Friday, November 28, 2008  

Congratulations to your friend! Your card is adorable!!!

Dannette Friday, November 28, 2008  

Your card is so darn cute! Go on over and see that baby girl! Mom can eat anything, When I had my csection my mom brought me a cookie bouquet(yuuuumy!) Check it out cookies by design.com I chowed on them and if anyone came close, then it was time to brawl : )
Hugs, Dannette

Ashley Newell Friday, November 28, 2008  

What a sweet sweet card! Congrats to your friend!

Lynn Put Friday, November 28, 2008  

Awww this card for your friend is so adorable! The sweet pea image and pink polka dotted ribbon are so pretty!

Whimsey Friday, November 28, 2008  

Adorable card! Congrats to your friend; babies are oh so precious!!

Fink Friday, November 28, 2008  

That is an adorable card! Tell her congrats on the new baby!

mel m. m. mccarthy Saturday, November 29, 2008  

Oh man oh man that is pure CUTEness! I love that stamp and your layering of the flower and colouring make it so gorgeous! Happy new baby snuggles, when you get to see her... :O)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP