Makeup Monday

>> Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Monday everyone! I surprisingly got a lot of crafting done this weekend even with the wedding i had booked for saturday. So i made some loot AND got crafting done! Yippiee! However, 2 of the things i made are gifts and the recipients read my blog, sooooo, they wont be posted until after they are given. Dont worry, they are birthday gifts, not christmas so you dont have to wait until January! :)

But onto Makeup Monday! This was a bear to film today! I set up the camera - lighting from outside was coming in good thru the windows, baby gabe was sleeping and jack was watching a movie. And my hubby was out running errands. SO i filmed my piece, felt good about it, my makeup was now done for the day. As i went to upload it into a post... half of the video footage disappeared! *GASP!* So i had to wash my face and try again, but the baby woke up, and the video was over and the baby wanted to eat and it was starting to get cloudy. Grr. So i feed the baby, set a new movie on, wash my face, set up a light and finally video it all again. I go to upload... and only 10 seconds appeared on the footage. WHAT THE HECK! And now, jack was totally over tv, the baby no longer wanted to be in the swing, my lighting was all off and my hubby was due home any minute so we could go to target. double grr! SO, i try to entertain jack and the baby, i reset up the webcam with a backup camera, wash my face again. yada yada. Oh, and deleted some videos off my computer incase that was the problem. Well, the 3rd time is a charm, but i fear i rushed things on the video because i was in fear it would cut off again. haha. So here it is... the brief tutorial of the 3 minute makeup!

Photobucket

Ok, now that you've watched it... let me go over the basics again...

you need 3 products
you're fav foundation stick or concealer
a blush of some sort - i prefer a cream color stick for ease and quickness
mascara
top it off with some lip gloss as you walk out the door/car

Start with your foundation/concealer and cover undereye CIRCLES. Be sure to cover that inner corner of your eye and eyelid. Cover sparingly though, you dont want the concealer to settle in the creases. Then cover the area just under your nose. It'll make a world of difference.

Next use your multiple product (cream color stick or blush) and blush the "apples" of your cheeks. Use the same blush to dab some color on your eyes just on/under the brow bone. If it's a cream stick you can add some color to your lips while you're at it.

Next add your mascara (or skip it if you never wear it or hate it. But i think just a bit of it makes you look more polished).

And viola! If you have very oily skin, you can swipe some powder over your t-zone (nose and forehead).

Ok, i'll post some creations a little later today... for now i have a hungry family ready to head out the door!

7 comments:

Rachel Monday, December 01, 2008  

Fun Fun Fun... I need a post-natal make up tip ... hahahha... a "how to look like you have not had the life sucked out of you" make up tip!

Lindsay Spencer Monday, December 01, 2008  

Very cool. I love how simple that is. Thanks!

Shannan Teubner Monday, December 01, 2008  

You are so cute! I love watching your videos, girl!

Beth Monday, December 01, 2008  

Mom makeup! WooHooo!!!!!

Why is my word verification "binged"? Seriously, why?

Jaime Monday, December 01, 2008  

I love makeup monday! Being a makeup junkie myself (I work at Sephora) I thought I knew a lot about makeup...but I've totally learned at least one or two things in each episode! And I'm adding the Nars Multiple to my sephora wish list! Good thing we have an extra 10% discount for the rest of this week! Thanks Katie!!

Ami Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

Thanks so much for these. I love your tips.

Sarah Wednesday, December 03, 2008  

Thanks for the tips...this one is so super easy that even I can find the time to do it (and I never wear makeup because I think I don't have time to do it).

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP