Happy Bellaversary!

>> Monday, December 8, 2008

Holy Moly - Miss Bella is 2! Can you believe it?! And it's sort of my 1 year anniversary with the bellas because i discovered my love for her a year ago about this time (a little before this time of year, but close enough).

Bella's birthday was actually yesterday, and the party was actually friday but i just got a chance to do my challenge cards today! And just in the nick of time! You have until 8pm tonight to upload them! Each challenge will have a winner of a $50 gift card to www.stampingbella.com!!! Isnt that AMAZING! I hope i win! I want new bellas! :) (ok, so i just placed a teeeeeensy order, but dont let my dh know!)

Ok, so here are the challenges...

Signature Color Challenge!
If you've ever been to the Bella Website you would know this gal is all about pink! But she does have some green accents in there, so our challenge was to use Pink and Green... here's my card!



I used ICantSeeaThingabella and colored her with copic markers. I also used spica pens to make her shimmer but you cant really see it in the photo. Always a bummer! I used a martha stewart punch for my cupcake. The sketch is Lauren Meader's sketch from this past saturday. I just flipped it on it's side!

Next we have Shannan's sketch challenge!


I decided to use a Snowbunnybella image i colored a bit back. I think my coloring has gotten better since i colored this, but i have been wanting to use her, so now seemed like a good time! Her fur is flocked with Cotton white Fun Flock which is another hard thing to see in the photo but is so fun in real life! I stitched all my edges just for some extra "pizzazz" and then i used spiral coil clip thingys (yes thats a technical term) with some ribbon tied to them for the trio embellishment. I must say, i'm getting quite addicted to the spiral coil clip thingys!
The sentiment is actually a part of another sentiment i cut off! It's the "knew you could tackle it" sentiment. I cut the congrats off so i can use it separately, or i can use it with the sentiment when needed. :)

and last but not least... i think this challenge was my favorite. or maybe it's just because i thought the idea was so fun! It's a themed challenge of "two" Now i'm not the only gal to us 2 different bellas on her card. But i do think i'm the only one to use these 2 bellas! I had yet to ink up my artistabella (sad, i know). So i decided i'd use her and another bella that she could be painting. I went thru my massive collection of bellas and decided pregabella would be fun. Then a lightbulb went off and i remembered i had 1 stamped image of the mini pregabella from a swap i was in. (did you know that some of the bellas come in different sizes? they do!). So i decided to use her as artistabellas canvas. So i actually ended up with 3 bellas on the card i suppose, but i was thrilled with the outcome! Here's my card...



I wanted everything else to be in 2's... i thought do i have a 2 word sentiment? Well I'll be darned, but not only did i have a 2 word sentiment, i had the perfect 2 word sentiment!!!! (from studio g). I also used 2 ribbons, 2 brads, and have 2 main colors (red and yellow).

So there are my cards! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Katie Skiff Monday, December 08, 2008  

All three are great!! Good job!

Jami Monday, December 08, 2008  

All three are just adorable!! That pregabella one is so creative. I just love the snowbunnybella - that's my fave bella, and I love how you did the three clips/ribbons on the edge!!
hugs, Jami

cjknick Monday, December 08, 2008  

Katie, VERY CLEVER on the pregobella concept! I wouldn't have thought of that in a zillion years, lol.

Love all the creations... TFS!

CinderellaBella

Shannan Teubner Monday, December 08, 2008  

These are all fabulous, Katie!! Love your sketch card!!

Mae Monday, December 08, 2008  

Great cards Katie. Love them.

Shaela Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

LOVE the eskimo and the artist cards - your coloring is amazing!! I'll have to find out more about thos copic markers everyone keeps talking about...

Scrappychick Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

Love em all! But Snowbuuunybella is one of my all time favs:)

Meli Palmer Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

Well aren't those just adorable. I love the colors on the snowbunnybella!

Christi Flores Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

Wow girl! They are all fantastic!!

Ashley Newell Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

Super cute cards Katie! I love that painting one! How sweet is that?

Did you get my cards yet?

Lynn Put Tuesday, December 09, 2008  

Katie your Bella cards for the challenges are awesome!!! The Picture Perfect card totally makes me smile, what a cute idea!

Rina Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

Your cards are great. I just found your site and have enjoyed my visit. TFS!

Aloha and God Bless~

Fink Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

So gorgeous! I love the way you color and wish I could even get close!

Javablustamper Thursday, December 11, 2008  

I LOVE these cards! They are FANTASTIC!! As always!! Of course!! I hope you and your family are well!! I always LOVE visiting your blog, your work is AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP