Makeup Monday

>> Monday, December 29, 2008

Well today was certainly a much longer day that i thought it would be! I woke up this morning to a phone call from a bride who wanted to meet me TODAY! I'm actually doing her wedding later this month but she lives about an 3.5 hours from here (she's from my city which is why she's getting married here) but was visiting family. So i got up, showered, and cleaned my house because it had been pent up for a week and i didnt exactly make it sparkly clean before i left it! After that was done baby gabe just did NOT want to be put down today. The rest of th day was just looooooong. So i never did get pictures taken but i still know the little trick i wanted to teach you for this week. Next week when holiday life is over i'll have a video tutorial.

I got my hair cut on saturday and overall i'm pretty pleased with it. I still desperately want to color it! Then i'll be much happier i'm sure. My hubby LOVES it so thats good. But the tricky thing with new hair cuts is that your hair still remembers how it used to lay, which makes styling a little difficult at home for a bit. Did you know you can train your hair? Because you can. Just the same as your hair seems to remember it's normal "part". Now i have bangs and i'd like for them to sidesweep but right now they want to part more towards the middle and fall in my face. The easiest way to train them is to 1, create the part you want with your new hair cut when your hair is wet and just out of the shower, and 2 pin it in the direction you want to go before you go to sleep. I'm doing a bit of a double whammy tonight in that i just took another shower (2 in 1 day, holy crap!) and i'll pin my bangs to the side i want before i hit the hay. If you pin you hair before bed a few nights in a row, it'll start to remember it on it's own. :)

*sigh* the baby is crying again, so off i go! I'll post my coloring tutorial tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Ashley Newell Monday, December 29, 2008  

Fun tip Katie! I can't wait to see your new hair!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP