Hip Hop Hangover

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

OK ok ok! I'm sorry i havent posted this week, ok?! And i'm even more sorry i missed Makeup Monday! I've been hazed by quite a few people! haha. I have been crafting some this week, not as much as i'd like. But after this past week and weekend i was just beat and spent many a night sitting on the couch with the fam instead of crafting. I needed the downtime for a coupla days. And some of the crafting i've done you just cant see yet. And some of it some certain readers of my blog cant see yet so it has to wait too. :) And even sadder, some things i just keep forgetting to post, but i also havent been online as much.

SO! I've got some stuff from Unity's HIP HOP yesterday. Yep, it's a hip hop hangover day!

And just to make up for my short comings this week, i'll post all my unity in 1 post for ya! :)

FIRST - the unity addicts challenge was to case a card from Jimmi, Jen or http://zanynotcrazy.blogspot.com/. WHY? Because they were all named coordinators of VSN (virtual stamp night) on Splitcoast! Way to go ladies!

here is my card...


I chose to case one of Jimmi's cards. As per splitcoast rules, to CASE a card is to Copy And Selectively Edit. You are to chalnge 2 things about a card when you case it. And they can be minor changes, or big changes, it's up to you. Mine were relatively minor. I did change the color scheme a bit adding in some red and a much deeper green. Making it more festive. My buttons are a different color as is my tree. I also changed the sentiment to Just Believe which is one of my favorite christmas time sentiments. As a whole, the word "believe" is my all time favorite word. So around christmas time i like to use it alot. :) I did alter the sketch the weensiest bit. But i dont think it was even enough to qualify as a change! haha.

Next we have the technique challenge over at Splitcoast. This week was to make a vellum wine glass shade. This thought had never even entered my mind! But it was so super easy! I'm going to make a set of them (one for fall, 1 for christmas and at least 1 more... havent decided yet) and they will be a christmas gift with the wine glass and some tea lights. So far i just have the one shade done. I'm debating on adding some beading. What do you think?

I used the snowflake from September's Kit of the Month but if you love... Unity just came out with a bigger size 1! Bonus it's on sale today for a buck until midnight if you place a $25 order!
The sentiment is a fav. It's singled out for the holidays, check it out! Inside each snowflake is a rhinestone for a little blingy bling. And everything is stamped with brilliance ink so it's shimmery!

ok, last but not least is one of jeanne's challenges. She always has these super simple challenges, but then her cards look anything but simple. She's so talented! anyhoo.. her challenge was to make a christmas card but it was only allowed to have 1 layer in addition to the card base. here's my card...

i told ya i have a thing for this sentiment! Love it! I kept my card über simple but i like it's simplicity. ok, used that word too many times in one sentence. anyhoo, i kept my base totally white and stamped the just believe at the bottom. My one layer is a scrap of bazzill bling cardstock (so it has some shimmer to it) and punched out snowflake shapes from a punch by creative memories (that i think i've owned for 2 years and just now got it out of the box! I have to admit, i really want to get a snowflake punch that actually punches snowflakes. i'd love the marvy one and to get the papertrey ink set that goes with it. But no such luck for me. I could get the martha stewart one and i've been debating but my xmas spending has hit it's curb. So i guess no snowflakes for me this year. *sigh* But this one still is very fun when you want to use it for negative space. :) The ribbon at the top balances everything out.

So thats what i created in my unity hip hop day! Now i have to go to bed. I have a wedding to do tomorrow (friday) that shouldnt take more than 3 hours but my kit is WRECKED from the weddings last weekend and i have to wash brushes all morning and reorganize the whole thing before i have to leave at 12:30!!!!

Have fun blog hopping!

4 comments:

Jennifer Buck Friday, December 12, 2008  

Cute! These are all so adorable! :)

Tanis Friday, December 12, 2008  

Sweet cards :)
I had the FUNNIEST dream last night! I was driving past a building in our town and the sign in front said "Katie Cotton - here December 14th"....I was SO excited...apparently you were a phenomenal motivational speaker and you were coming to my town! I was thrilled that we would have the chance to meet....and then I woke up.
Have fun doing the wedding this weekend!

Ashley Newell Friday, December 12, 2008  

Cute cards and adorable lamp Katie! I love all of it!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP