Teacher Gifts

>> Thursday, December 18, 2008

I was so pumped up to make teacher gifts for christmas! Afterall, this would be the first time for me to get to do that. But the mom's in jack's preschool class decided to all pitch in 10 bucks and get 2 giftcards. So i offered to make the gift card holders! hehe. I still get my crafting for them done. Of course as i was trying to cram it in there today since their christmas party is tomorrow i ask myself, and WHY did i have to make sure i crafted them something again? haha.

So since i was in a lack of mojo i went with a tutorial! Gotta love tutorials! This one is from splitcoast and you can find it here

And here is the front of my gift card holder...



I used PaperTrey Ink's Teacher's Apple set for all parts of this project. My paper is Real Red, Kraft, a green from Hobby Lobby and then the inside has So Saffron. You cant tell from this view, but i stamped the apple image twice and cut the second out to pop up on the card. The reason the word "teacher" looks grainy in this image is because it is heat embossed and shiny so it's catching the light.

The way this opens is a little tricky and goofy me actually stamped the background and then scored it so that the stamped background would be upside down! but rather than start over, i just let mine "open" from the other side, no biggie.

if you look carefully here you can see where i popped up the apple image since this is a side view. :)

The inside is also stamped like a pattern using various apples. You can actually see the stamped backgroudn design here! The so saffron is actually an envelope i had to make because i didnt have any coin envelopes. It was easy though as i had a tag envelope template from making memories that i had never even used!



I masked the apples to layer them here. Pretty easy peasy. Then you just slip the gift card into the envelope! I'll write a note to each teacher in the larger red space tomorrow before we give the gifts. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Dont forget that today is Hip Hop Thursday! Come over the unity forum for some fun!

5 comments:

Sara Henton Friday, December 19, 2008  

Oh, so cute, they're going to love it

Kerry Friday, December 19, 2008  

What a cute teacher gift!

Lynn Put Saturday, December 20, 2008  

This is an adorable gift card holder! Love the apples!

Jami Sunday, December 21, 2008  

This is fabulous!!! I love all those paper pieced apples, and the distressing and piercing on the front. I love the stamp too...I may need to buy this one!
hugs, Jami

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP