finally something i can post!

>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It feels so strange to be crafting so much but posting so little! I've been busily trying to finish up some xmas gifts but being that the recipients read my blog... i cant post them! That plus the holiday madness has just kept me away. I hate it, but it's the way it goes. And this post has to be super fast because as i type, we should be heading out the door to a christmas party for Jack's playgroup. And here i sit in my pj's! Jack is nakie (he stripped his pj's but hasnt put anythng on yet). The only one who's ready is the baby!

Anyhoo - today it unity's addicts wednesday and it was quite nice to take a break from projects to create a quick card. I'm not even sure i like the card, but the break was nice. haha.

The challenge for today was from Amy (jazzyscrapper) and was to make a monochromatic card (any color we'd like to use). I for some odd reason chose yellow. I dont know why my brain went to yellow - it's so not a typical color for me!

Here's my card...



I used the angel from Unity's September kit of the month. She was a little smaller than i expected but perfect for a card. I inked her up in roch cocoa memento ink (i thought the black would be too harsh on my yellow card) and colored her with copic markers. I used a white pencil for my highlight. Interesting concept to use pencil over marker. Check out today's post from I Like Markers. I also did a lot of detail work with a stardust pen. Hard to see in the photo, but you can just a wee bit. I used the martha stewart zig zag border punch. some michael's acrylic dots and some random scrap of patterned paper. If you look super close, you'll see a snowflake stamped in the background too. It is also from the september kit of the month and i just stamped it in versamark ink so it's subtle, but there. My edges are all chalk inked with amber clay from colorbox.

ACK - and now i have to bolt out the door. Ok, i'll put clothes on us first. I have more fun news to share, but i dont have time right now. mean, i know! :)

OH - if you participate int he challenge don't forget to link up your cards in the Unity Addicts Challenge thread and use the keyword USC17!!!

10 comments:

Maria Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

Very cool! I love that angel!

Tanis Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

Another yellow card!! I LOVE how you guys are making yellow look SO GOOD! (one of my hardest colours!)
SUPER sweet!

Lisa H. Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

beatuiful card, Katie. love that angle and the yellow is FAB!

Karen Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

What a fun Card!!Love the color!!

Christi Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

She's so pretty and sunny! I love this happy card! smiles...

Amy Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

Love all that yellow! so pretty!

Heather Schlatter Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

Hi Katie,

I love all the Yellow. My 4 year old adores Yellow and she saw your card in my sidebar in blogs I follow ans said in a very loud happy voice "Mommy you have to go to that blog, You know I love Yellow"

She always says that "You Know I love Yellow" yes we know she does!! I tried a Monochromatic card in yellow yesterday tooo how funny! I have not posted it yet, but I did the "Christams Dress Willow" from Whiff of Joy!

Great Card Katie,

Heather

Shaela Wednesday, December 17, 2008  

great card! and now I have to ask... what's the thing with copic markers? I'd never heard of them till I hopped on Splitcoast. and since you seem to be an expert, I'd LOVE to have a post all about them! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP