some more vervie verve & a bella!

>> Saturday, November 8, 2008

Before i get to my cards... my hubby and i made a discovery tonight. Blueberry and Granola frozen yogurt by mayfield. HOLY COW! It so good! We ate the entire thing. And, 1 serving... less calories from fat than a class of 1% milk. Man it was good. Probably not good that we ate the whole thing. but man was it good.

Ok. Back to my posts. You know i've been doing the verve visual challenges this week in the splitcoast forum. Well, i have Thursday's and Friday's cards for you! With any luck i will get done the last one today after the wedding i'm working on today. I'm sure the hubbster wont love me racing up to my craft room as soon as i get home but i just dont see myself getting to it before i have to leave. Hmmmmmmm. We shall see.

Ok... here are my cards for the sketches...

The first i am so excited about. I love my Beautiful You set. But one of the quotes that drew me to it was this one. I love winnie the pooh. Everything about winnie the pooh! And i always have. This quote has been a long time fav as well and it always makes me think of my bff since the womb. We have rarely even lived in the same state, but we have this uncanny friendship. We can go a month (and it's been more in our busier times!) without talking. But one of us will have a bad day and the other just knows to call. Very cool. She too, loves winnie the pooh. So this card is for her!



Now, no paper says pooh bear to me like crate paper! :) I just love the whimsy yet somewhat rustic quality of crate paper. The pooh bear stamp is by All Night Media.

My next card i'm still having some issues with. I love Julee's sketches and i think this one is stunning. But my card needs something. Just not sure what. haha. I dont have a lot of verve images, so i decided to combo this challenge with another challenge from my BellaholicsAnonymous group. LeAnne (one of our lovely bella queens!) challenged us to make a bella card with no patterned paper but to emboss the background. So thats what i did. I love this bella. It was another precolored bella, so i was just working off of the colors that i already used. I embossed my background paper with the pretty paisley embossing folder and my cuddlebug. My sentiment is from Verve's Fairy Tales. There are so many good uses for this set! Very fun. This card could be saved and used for a great many things. I am stamping a thank you on the inside and including it with my cards for my Cause of the Month ! If you havent read about my Cause of the Month please do so! Every cause is a good one, but i'd love it if you'd help me out with mine!
Ok, here's the card...


Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Hi Katie!
That pooh card is theeeee most adorable thing ever! LOVE the stamp and sentiment, and your little peeking scallops. Adorable!

Suzy

Christi Flores Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Both of your cards are so sweet!!!!

Lynn Put Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Oh I love Winnie the Pooh too ever since I was little! Your card is so sweet and the papers you used with him are perfect!
Your Bella card looks great and I like how you combined the two challenges for one card!

Heather Schlatter Saturday, November 08, 2008  

I love this Bella Katie! I have her too! Your cards are great!

Thanks for the PCP mail yesterday. I had done exactly what you told me to do 4 times, and it never worked then I tried it one more time, and poof my badge was on my site. So thanks I guess 5th try is a charm????

Glad I found your blog I will be checking you out regularly now!

Heather Schlatter Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Katie,
Me again. Here is a Bella Card I made that has 13 Bella's on it. I got the original idea from Lauren Meader, I changed it up a bit, but I mad 12 of these cards for Mothers Day. I always love seeing others use their Bella's they always give me good ideas for mine! The post link to my Bella of all Bella Cards is below!

http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/2008/09/bella-of-all-bella-cards.html

I am going back thru your blog you have some wonderful stuff! Excited to find a new blog to love!

Heather

Jami Sunday, November 09, 2008  

These are great - I adore Pooh-bear!! Hugs, Jami

Fink Sunday, November 09, 2008  

Love the embossing background! Bella stamps are great! I own quite a few. Isn't it nice having a friend like that! She will love her card!

Julee (Vervegirl) Wednesday, November 12, 2008  

Fabulous cards. I absolutely adore that Pooh card! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP