Mojo 59

>> Monday, November 10, 2008

Ok, so i created this last night during the Verve Visuals release party. By the way - i'm in deep trouble because i want ALL of their new releases!

Anyhoo - this card was created for Julee's Monday Mojo sketch from last week. And bonus - she's giving away 1 set to 2 lucky winners! You have until noon today to upload your card and link it to THIS POST

And without further ado - here's my card


I was super pleased with how this turned out. Usually i'm thinking there is just something that needs to be added, but this one i'm very happy with. Maybe it's because Julee makes the sketches so easy or maybe it's just because the verve stamps are so beautiful but i'm lovin how this turned out!

I used one of verve's Plain Janes. I adore this scripture! It has gotten me thru many a tough time! I stitched all the way around each piece twice. Thats right... used my sewing machine. Which means it's fixed! Thank goodness for my mom. She called me the day i posted that it broke down on me and walked me thru how to fix it! Phew. Ok, back to the card. The white thread from my machine wasnt the exact look i wanted for my card. I really wanted a beaten look to it to symbolize the depths of the scripture. To acheive this look, after stitching i took some gray/brown chalk and a poof ball and ran it over the stitching. i chalk inked all of my edges (SHOCKER!) and i even sponged my flowers and brads! I love sponging!

The patterned paper is from basic Grey's Periphery line and the cardstock is all Bazzill. The paper flowers are from prima and i *think* the brads are from a set from making memories but they were just in my brad organizer so i could be wrong. :)

Thanks for stopping bY!

5 comments:

Arielle H Gordon Monday, November 10, 2008  

This is a very beautiful card!

Christi Flores Monday, November 10, 2008  

How pretty!!! I just bought the ornament set and one of the new Plain Janes. I wish I could've afforded the "I Want It All" set but not this time. :(

Scrappychick Monday, November 10, 2008  

Gorgeous card Katie! We need to meet..we live so close and have ALL the same online haunts...too funny! (Forgot to email you back about the greer girls....oops) See you at ATS tonight:)
Cyndi

Kelly Schelske Tuesday, November 11, 2008  

What a gorgeous card!! r blI just found your blog from Paper Craft Planet and I must say, it's fabulous!! Have a super week!! Kelly

Julee (Vervegirl) Wednesday, November 12, 2008  

Love the look of this one. Beautiful rustic colors that look great with the stitching. Thanks for playing! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP