Bellas and Hip Hop... Oh MY!

>> Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ok, so i finally did my own challenge! Now i can enter myself into my own blog candy. haha. Ok, no i wont, that would be silly!
I put together this card in literally about 5 minutes. What the heck took me so long to get it done? Easy sketch already planned out.... and yet i hadnt done it until yesterday. Silly me. Now my bella lovin' sistah's right now are saying how the heck did i put together a bella card in 5 minutes?! I cheated. I like to color... a lot. So much that sometimes it's all i want to do. So i stamp out some bellas and color them in and then they go in a little file. It's nice because when i dont necessarily have the time to color but i want to use a fun image like that, i just pull on out of the colored file and a card takes minutes, literally! So thats what i did here. Yep, thats right, i'm making you go BACK to another post to see the card. Sneaky like that, i am! (wow i just sounded like yoda). But i want you to check out the post because i have some BLOG CANDY going on there!

Ok - and now onto important thursday matters... IT'S HIP HOP! Now you know i love to hip hop. If you dont know about hip hop... check out Unity's BLOG and meet us in the forum





Every wednesday Unity has a challenge. This week is was Lisa's turn to choose the challenge and she chose an inspiration challenge - (and a tough on at that!) We had to go off of this picture...
We could use this photo in any way we wanted for inspiration. I had 1 idea, but wanted to do something a little different. Thats when my bud Rachel said i should try to do all 4 plates somehow because no one had done that. So thats exactly what i did. Rach is my mojo. haha. I was hating how each piece was turning out (except for my red butterfly, i was fairly pleased with that one). So i chose the "he makes everything beautiful in its time" sentiment from something within because i was thinking... well this card can just be beautiful in it's own little way. However when i put all the pieces together, i decided i kinda liked it. hahaha.
So here's my card. I used a 2.5 inch square to represent each plate. The bird and swirls (that i used on each square to make it a little more cohesive) are from Growing in Unity. The butterfly is from Butterfly beauty and my dragonfly is from Trifle Sentiments. The leaves behind the dragonfly is from gratitude=joy. Now thats a lot of stamps! Each 2.5 square is matted on a square of blong paper by bazzill. Thats supposed to be the gold lining around the plate. :)

And thats my card! Now come join us in the HIP HOP!

5 comments:

Jami Thursday, November 06, 2008  

Gorgeous card!! Amazing how you truly captured the colors and images of all the inspiration pieces!!
hugs, Jami

Christi Flores Thursday, November 06, 2008  

This card is amazing!! Wow!!

Michelle-a-bella Thursday, November 06, 2008  

OH WOW! That is one GORGEOUS card!!!!

Laurel Sunday, November 09, 2008  

What a gorgeous card!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP