I've been INSPIRED!

>> Saturday, November 1, 2008

That's right... i've been inspired! After doing my morning coffee drinkin' blog hop... i read a couple of the Papertrey Ink design team's blogs. Nichole Heady (the owner of papertrey ink) has challenged her design team members this month to do a "pass it on" challenge. You can read about her challenge here. Each DT member is called to find a cause that means something to them, and then use their stamping gift to contribute to this cause. I think it's a fantastic idea. She has urged her readers to do the same. Well, i've decided to take it one step further! I want to do this every month (and hopefully get some of my own readers in on it as well!)

You'll see over in my side bar a little button that looks like this...


Feel free to take the button and display it on your blog as well if you'd like. :) Each month there will be a new cause (and some can repeat from time to time). Clicking on that button will take you to my blog entry about that cause.

What is done that month will probably change with what might need to be done for the cause. In most causes, if you feel like participating i can give yout he info of where to send things, or you can send them to me and i'll make sure they get there!

The first Cause of the Month is an organization called "Let There Be Mom". It is a local organization here in Greenville, South Carolina. LTBM is an organization that helps mom's battling terminal illness. They help support the mom and her family in the preparation of her passing. Often times they hire a photographer to take beautiful family portraits. A local store, The Scrapbook Supply Store provides materials and local scrappers and stampers help create a scrapbook for the family, coordinate family events or plan special family outtings and also the little things that go unnoticed of helping with family meals, cleaning, etc. It really is a fabulous organization.

I'm going to start by collecting Thank You cards this month. I'm certain that a lot of thank you's need to be said by both the organization and the mom's. This team is comprised all from volunteers! If you are interested in making thank you's please contact me! I havent started making my thank you's yet, but once i get crackin' on those, i will make a post for sure!!!

I hope you all feel inspired as i did this morning. You can find your own cause, of choose mine, or any of the papertrey design team's causes. Just remember November is all about being GRATEFUL for what we have! And i believe the best way to show our gratitude is by giving back!

ADDED NOTE!
Angela from UNITY has offered to give free shipping to 1 lucky winner of a drawing i'm going to do. For every card you send to me, i will put your name in the drawing. and 1 lucky winner will get free shipping to Unity! So what are you waiting for? It's a chance to help out a wonderful cause and you can win something too!

3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) Saturday, November 01, 2008  

OMGOSH! What a organization! I never heard of anything like that and I got all weepy just reading about it. WOW! I can make a TY. Send me your addy.

Anonymous,  Saturday, November 01, 2008  

I'm in! I'm making a trio now with my SU Merci set. I'll get them to you next time I see you.
Jenn

Rachel Wednesday, November 05, 2008  

Great Idea... if you need ideas for causes... SCS does this in the Challenge section!

Wish I wasn't about to pop! I would get some cards to yoU!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP