HHH Baby, yea!

>> Friday, November 7, 2008

It's Hip Hop Hangover! Which i'm actually NOT that hung over from hip hop because i was about to FALL OVER last night. So i went to bed a little early and feel much more rested. :) And Jack is still asleep (gabe of course has been awake for an hour and a half, he's my early bird). Still - i have some time to post my single lonely card from yesterday's hip hop. I did not have a cooperating family yesterday, so i just chatted mostly and didnt create all that much.

Jeanne challenged us to make a one layer card. That means, no mattes, no patterened paper, no layers... just your card base and some lovely stamping. Some one layered cards (OLC) are stunning! I think i may have some work to do before i get to stunning, but i do like my stamping. I just looks like it's missing something to me. :) I've seen some one layered cards with ribbon tied around the top. I think that would help. But i wasnt sure what was allowed for the challenge so i stuck to nothin but ink!




I used my giggle grove set from UNITY. LOVE this set. And i hadnt had a chance to get it inky yet. This was my splurge from a few hip hops ago. It was on sale (everything was 25% off, and you gotta love that). Rach was ordering... rach owed me some money... i had rach buy it for me so i wouldnt feel like i was spending anything. nice. :) But seeing as i rarely see that girl in person anymore (YEAH THATS RIGHT, I'M CALLING YOU OUT!) it took me a minute to get it. Hehe. Ok, dont think i'm totally dogging on one of my best friends. She's über preggo and not feeling that well so she stays home a lot. Can you blame her?

Ok, i have nothing else to say about my card seeing as it's 1 layer. Um... i colored it with copics? I'm sure you already knew that. haha.

Ok, go figure, Gabe just fell asleep and within the same minute Jack woke up. Do they do this on purpose? Ok, quickly 1 more thing... but i have a blog candy announcement for you!

Starving artist is giving away an über cute christmas set. it's $32 bucks worth of stamps. nice huh? Check out this post for some more details and to see the stamps. Oh are they cute or what?!?

4 comments:

Jenn Friday, November 07, 2008  

great colors, love our card

yes, my kids too that too, there is no sleeping in anymore!

Heather Schlatter Friday, November 07, 2008  

This is a cute Card Katie! I have not had the guts to do a one layer card yet! Can you emboss on a one layer card??? with EP???

I have a question for you. I can not get my PCP badge onto my blog. I have tried it several different ways and everytime it either does not add anything, or it adds all the text from the embedded HTML, how do you do it?

Thanks so Much!

Heather

Glad I found your blog!

Christi Flores Friday, November 07, 2008  

Oh how cute!! I love this!!!

Jami Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Awesome one-layer card! I love the rich colors on this and that great sentiment!
hugs, Jami

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP