babies babies everywhere!

>> Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm still hard at work redoing my craft room. I know the process has taken a hit to my blog! I actually even have cards ready to post but i havent posted them. Whats up with that?! But soon my room will be nice and organized and i'll have lots of pics to post of that! WOOT!

Ok, so it seems like there are babies everywhere. Is it just me, or are there really babies everywhere? One of my best friends is gearing up to have her baby here in about 2 weeks. 2 of the mom's of kids in jack's preschool class had babies THIS WEEK! Thats actually who these 2 cards are for. I feel like a dolt since i already sent them and then found out they both had girls! I could have sworn 1 was having a boy. I mean i remember our conversation about baby names. *sigh* oh well. My mistake! I sent her a little email about my booboo. haha.

Here's the first card for Kara. Her baby girl was born on tuesday!

I just love this little giraffe by The Angel Company. Isnt she so sweet! It was my first stamp i ever bought from TAC and saddly, it had never even been used (along with my other stamps from that order!) But it just may become my go to stamp for baby cards. It was very easy to color (with my copic markers) and she just melts my heart!
Here's a few close up views of the card...


And then the non boy baby boy card. WOOPS! I did everything the same just with different colors and a different embellishment choice so making 2 at the same time was easy but it would have been easier if i had done them both exactly the same! Oye!

and a couple of close ups...


I used SU cardstock (though i dont know what colors, i got them off the wish rak thread on splitcoast!) and some SU designer print paper i got from my dear friend Kim as a gift. I used my swiss dots cuttlebug folder (my fav) just on the card base itself and used bazzill for my scalloped circle mat. And those scallop circles? I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got the nesties. :) The scallop border is from my SU punch. Simple satin ribbon tied on the side and then some flowers and buttons for extra dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm off to go work upstairs in my craft room!

6 comments:

Danni Friday, November 21, 2008  

Very cute! I love that stamp. Love your coloring and the buttons!

Lindsay Spencer Friday, November 21, 2008  

I love them. They're way cute.

Christi Flores Friday, November 21, 2008  

How sweet!! Congrats to your friends!!

RogueComment Friday, November 21, 2008  

Im only saying this for your own good. Don't dismiss it without thining about it for a while. Buy a "back massager" from brookstone and work out that knot you know needs fixed.

Making cards for a hobby as an adult is completely incomprehensible to me, and I have issues.

Jami Sunday, November 23, 2008  

These are so sweet - I love your coloring on these!!
hugs, Jami

Katie Skiff Sunday, November 23, 2008  

Oooh...I love those lil giraffes. I have the set and it's also very unloved here too! So..you are inspiring me!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP