Hip Hop Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This week's Unity Hip Hop is on a wednesday since tomorrow is THANKSGIVING! I have so much i want to do today since my craft room is finally back in workable order! I'm so excited about it too. I know where things are! I've found things i forgot i had! More things are easy for me to get to instead of being obnoxious and me digging everytime only to end up leaving them out on my table and cluttering mmy workspace. And the biggest bonus of all, it's much easier and faster for me to clean up! There are still a few things i want to do (one being my hubby making me my ghetto rubbah rack) and some minor decorating. I still want to ditch the bed and get a futon. And of course when all that happens my room will probably be overhauled again, but for now, i'm stoked! But my crafting today will probably be cut short as today is my hubby and my anniversary! Now we dont have any special plans or anything and in fact i'm pretty sure we arent doing gifts. If he gets me something, i'm in trouble! haha. But i have some things i've wanted to make for him for a bit and i just havent had time with the room disarray and then being sick and just plain kiddos not lettig me do it! So hopefully i'll at least get to make 1 of them done while he's gone this morning!

But for now...
I have a card i created this am for my hubby using unity's Love is Toxic set. And as i read the color challenge for the week over at the splitcoast challenge thread i got really excited. It's a take on of my of very fav color combos - orange and grey. Most people thing i'm looney when i say 2 of my favorite colors are orange and grey. I love them just about as much as i love red and black! The coor challenge was really rust, basic grey and very vanilla. But i did decide i desparately need a warm grey ink pad. I've thought this so many time. I love the color gray, but i always hate the way grey ink stamps. But i think i just havent found the shade i want. I prefer warm tones to cool tones in general but i love a warm grey and it seems like every grey ink i've found stamps with either a green tone or a blue tone. Anyone have the perfect grey ink that want to convince me to buy??? Anyone? Anyone?!

Since i started this card last night when the baby did not want to go to sleep and i was beyond the mojo point, i had to find a sketch to play with too. And i've been wanting to do one of jen's sketches but havent been able to work it out so i finally got one done! Here's my card...



I was really pleased with the turnout and i think my hubby will like it. There are a few little details i'm not sure you can pick up in the photo. I stamped my gray piece (which is a grey from hobby lobby that i fell in love with, how could i not? it's a warm gray!) with hearts from the Love is Toxic kit. I have the craft spots in earth elements so the really rust shows up on the grey as it's true color which is nice. The edges are inked with Burnt Sienna chalk ink which is a very close match to the really rust. I dont like to ink my edges with anything but the chalk inks because the chalk ink dries so fast. I hate having to pay attention to where i lay down my cardstock if the ink is wet. My sentiment piece i used the really rust spot again but of course didnt have the grey ink i wanted but i DID have a Leplume marker in brown gray and it matched perfect. My skull i stamped in CTMH Colonial White (which is now a pigment ink like the craft!). I added the very vanilla grosgrain ribbon and some gray brads by spare parts.


Thanks for stopping by... i'm off to hip hop for a bit!

3 comments:

Shaela Wednesday, November 26, 2008  

love your card!! orange is one of my fave colors too - but I like it with pink or green. :)

Jami Thursday, November 27, 2008  

Fabulous card - love the gray!! And Happy Anniversary!!!
hugs, Jami

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP