Hip Hop Hangover Friday

>> Friday, November 14, 2008

Well, another week has flown by! Splitcoast was not very nice to us hip hoppers yesterday. Slow and wonky! I still hung out even thought it was worse for wear. And though there is always a hip hop hangover on fridays, today's hangover proves to be a little more fun. Angela has said she's going to give out even more prizes this am! So grab your coffee, go to angela's blog and hop along the hangover threads. And when you are done, come to unity's hip hop forum and play with us this morning. And while you're at it, go to the Unity Website and shop a little. Angela is continuing on the Hip Hop specials until noon today!

Ok, now that i've done my sales pitch (for a company i dont work for even... hehehe) here is my hip hop hangover card (yes singular, i havent crafted in days and this morning i just had to, so i just made my card this am!)



Yesterday, Jeanne put out a "cut it out" challenge. So i stamped one of my giggle grove trees onto patterned paper and cut it out. It was layered on some other patterned paper (all the patterned paper on this card is from Around the Block, i've hoarded it forever and it was time for it to come out and play!). I stitched around the outer edge and around my tree for just a little emphasis. I stamped my sentiment from Unity's Sentiments O' Simple kit.
ALl of my edges have been chalk inked of course. :)

Now... Let me put a little plug out there for my CAUSE OF THE MONTH. Do you know about my cause of the month? You can read about it in full detail here but for those of you being lazy this morning.. i'll do a brief recap. Every month i am choosing a different cause or organization to do a little mission project for. This is my first month doing this, and i've chosen a local organization called "Let There Be Mom". This organization is AMAZING! It supports mom's who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses. They then work with these women and their families to preserve their legacy. What they do varies from family to family depending on the wishes of the mom. Very often they help put together a scrapbook for the families to cherish after the mom passes. Quilts are sometimes made. Beautiful family portraits taken. And then on top of that, they help the family out with the normal household things (cooking, cleaning, etc) so that the mom's are just able to be mom's to their families! Spending that very precious time they have left with their loved ones and not keeping house. This entire organization is run by volunteers and donations from companies to provide the materials that might be required. Really, it's phenomenal. But you've got to think that such an organization would need to send out a lot of thank yous! That is where my mission project comes in this month. I have been busy making thank you cards (some simple, some elaborate) to give to Let There Be Mom at the end of the month. I would love it if you helped me out with my mission.

And now for a little incentive... Since this is a hip hop post, and many of the readers will be unity fans... for every card i receive to give to this company, i will put the makers name into a drawing. Then i will award 1 person (at random) with FREE SHIPPING on their next unity order. Now i dont know how i'm going to work this out yet. I'll have to talk to angela. haha. But even if i'm mailing you a $5 bill for you to use on your shipping... you will get free shipping. Depending on the number of entires i may select numerous winners.

Wont you help me on my project this month? Email me at makeupbykatie@yahoo.com for my address to mail the cards!

Thanks so much!

HIP HOP!

18 comments:

Jacqueline Friday, November 14, 2008  

Beautiful card Katie!! Great cause! You are such a giving woman, thats so sweet!

Christi Flores Friday, November 14, 2008  

Your card is so sweet!! And you definitely are a sweetie! :)

Tanis Friday, November 14, 2008  

Hi Katie!!!
Love the card!!
Have a great weekend!

Unity Stamp Company Friday, November 14, 2008  

I WILL DONATE THAT! No PROBLEM! You are so beautiful and so amazing! What a wonderful thing to do! NOT TO MENTION talented! Thanks for using your talent for so much good! We will get you a discount code for that SHIPPING! Thanks so much! Enjoy your weekend and that new baby! Hope all is well!

JenMarie Friday, November 14, 2008  

Beautiful card!
Great cause!

Lindsay Spencer Friday, November 14, 2008  

I love it. The rich colors are great, and I love the sewing.

Watt-Hayes Family Friday, November 14, 2008  

wow great card and colors! what a great cause your doing!

FibreJunky Friday, November 14, 2008  

That is such an amazing mission. Wow.

Lee Friday, November 14, 2008  

GORgeous card!!! I love that tree with the dp!!

Anonymous,  Friday, November 14, 2008  

This card is stunning! Love the stitching! You are an amazing woman. Such a great cause.
Make sure to stop by my blog and see the details on how to be entered in to win up to 2 prizes! A Unity background is one of them ;)
~Chelsea

Ashley Newell Friday, November 14, 2008  

Katie, you are SUCH a sweetie! I'm try to muster up what mojo I can to make some cards for this organization.

Karen Friday, November 14, 2008  

Fantastic card!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Heather Friday, November 14, 2008  

I love this card!! Giggle grove is rocked again!! I love it. TFS!! It's awesome.

Shaela Friday, November 14, 2008  

LOVE the card!! I'll be stalking you now to see what else you do... ;)

Mz Kel-z Friday, November 14, 2008  

I am glad Angela agreed to do! But I figured she would, it is for charity and she has such a HUGE heart!! Just makes me wanna buy more Unity to support her!! She truly is a wonderful person! Great of you to bring a local charity to her!

Debbie Olson Friday, November 14, 2008  

This is beautiful, Katie! I love the sewing on the leaf--perfect!

Fink Saturday, November 15, 2008  

Beautiful card! What an outstanding thing to do for those women! That is just so sweet! I will have to find out what this hip hop stuff is!

Jami Saturday, November 15, 2008  

What a great card - love the cutout!! And love the cause you are donating to - very generous!!
hugs, Jami

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP