Inque Boutique Christmas

>> Monday, November 17, 2008

I made this card for a card challenge my girl Rachel hosted in a local craft group we're both in.

Here was out sketch to use...


and here is my card...


I used an Inque Boutique lil' set. I dont even remember the name, sorry! And i just found out that Inque Boutique is no more. I'm so sad about that! I really loved their stamps. The company was sold and the new owners are going to continue to sell the product that they have made, but will not be making any new. :(

Anyhoo - i stamped my tree with memento ink on georgia pacific paper and colored it with copic markers. I added a bit of a signio white gel pen to highlight. I covered the "ornaments" with liquid glass by CTMH. NOTE: add your white gel pen to the liquid glass or whatever glaze you use AFTER it's dry. The wetness of the epoxy will make the white run. Learned that the hard way.

I took a stardust glitter pen and dotted it on top of the stamp design to give a pretty look to the garland. Its hard to see in the front photo but if you turn it a bit so the light reflects off of it it's really pretty. You can kinda see that in the photo to the left.

I distressed my edges with my tim holtz edge distresser and mounted my sentiment (also colored with the same copic as the ornaments on the tree and covered with liquid glass) onto some cardstock. The patterned paper is old school basic grey. I stitched around everything just for some extra dimension and viola! there is my card. :)

6 comments:

Shaela Monday, November 17, 2008  

love the card - your details are beautiful!

Lindsay Spencer Monday, November 17, 2008  

I love it. Your coloring is beautiful.

Beth Monday, November 17, 2008  

The card is really nice but the pictures are fabulous! You did a fantastic job with them. Especially the close up.

Christina Fischer Monday, November 17, 2008  

Great card!! Your coloring is fantastic! Love the liquid glass and the sparkly garland! :)

Christi Flores Tuesday, November 18, 2008  

This is so sweet!! I love all the detail!

Javablustamper Wednesday, November 19, 2008  

What and AWESOME card!! As always!! Just wanted to thank you so much for your sharing your creations and to let you know that you are a HUGE inspiration!! I have an award for you on my blog! Hope you are well!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP