Verve Visuals Holiday Release Sketch 1

>> Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Julee of Verve Visuals has the best sketches! They are always so easy, but turn out so great! Love em!

Verve Visuals is getting ready to release some new sets! So in gearing up for this, There are sketches everyday this week over in their splitcoast forum! And each day she uses her sketch to provide a sneak peek of one of the new sets. What a fun way to do sneakie peeks, right? Bonus, they will give a set away to 1 person for each sketch! AND if you do all 5 (which is my goal) you get put in another entry to win ALL the new releases!

Ok, so here's day one... you can read about it here and here's my card...



I decided i wanted to use this card to add to the collection for my CAUSE OF THE MONTH. If you dont know about my cause of the month, please read this post! I could really use your help in getting thank you cards ready for this fabulous organization! When thinking of what verve set to use for this sketch, this sentiment really stood out to me! What better way to say thank you but to tell someone what a huge difference they've made! I can really see this as becoming one of my new fav sentiments! It came from Verve Visuals Fairy Tales set. First let me say i adore the font that Verve uses on the majority of their sets. It's so beautiful! Top that with the superb quality of their stamps and get you such a fantastic detailed image. Love it! The sentiment and underlying flourish are separate and since their stamps are clear, you can get a perfect placement. And ya gotta love that!

Other deets for the card...
The patterened paper is from Basic Grey's Ambrosia line. Man i love this paper. I've been so afraid to use it! But this sketch of Julee's was perfect because it really showcases the paper. She designed this sketch to make quick holiday cards. It's an easy one to mass produce. but i think it's a great way to show some pretty paper! For my sentiment i wanted it to match the slightly distressed color in the patterened paper so i pulled out some inks that i thought were similar to those found in the paper (CTMH's baby pink, créme brulee and a wee bit of juniper) and sponged them in. I think it made it match pretty nicely! All of my edges from the card base to the mats to the patterened paper is inked with cat's eye chalk ink in charcoal. I can rarely get away from not using cat's eye chalks on anything! Love them! And it always gives the perfect edge in my book.
Since i deviated from the sketch a bit and did not put a sentiment in the lower left hand corner, i decided to add a punched butterfly (from my fav martha stewart punch). I also used stampin up's photo corner punch to adorn the top of my card and some black grosgrain ribbon. And thats my card!

Thanks for looking! Keep checking back - i've got lots going on today! I still want to do the Unity Pre Hip Hop challenge and i need to do my own sketch still!!!! Dont forget to enter my blog candy!!!! :)

2 comments:

Christi Flores Wednesday, November 05, 2008  

This is gorgeous girl!! I am working on my first card today. :)

Anonymous,  Thursday, November 06, 2008  

Want to see full collection of your holiday cards…. Well, I too love them at Vista Print.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP