A little Etsy Challenge

>> Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ashley of Heart Hugs Designs hosts an etsy challenge every week. I have some fun info to share with you in december about Heart Hugs, so stay tuned.

This week's Etsy Store was Mercy's Mark. Mercy's Mark has adorable totes, purses, wallets and more sporting fresh and fun designs. They are über trendy - just the way i like it! :) BONUS - if you complete Ashely's challenge, you'll be entered to win a wallet, donated by Mercy's Mark! Pretty cool huh?

When browsing the store, i fell in love with this wallet. Ok, so i fell in love with a lot of things, but this wallet was sending me some fun inspiration vibes, so thats what i chose!

Here's my card...
I used Whooo Loves You from Close to My Heart. I've been wanting to ink up this set for sometime and sadly, this is the first time! I decided to paperpiece my owl to get some different shades of feathers on his body. After piecing him all together, i did a little shading just using some warm grey copic markers. I used my word window punch from Stampin Up to punch out a bit of red (of what brand i have no idea, it was in the scrap bin! Then i inked up my sentiment using white daisy pigment ink and stamped onto my punchie. The twine was a last minute thought as i had a scrap piece of it left out from the project before. I think it adds a nice extra dimension.

See how easy that was? Now go check out Mercy's Mark, make a little creation, link it here by noon pacific time on Friday November 28th and then check back to see if you've won! :)

3 comments:

Jami Thursday, November 27, 2008  

I love this! So adorable!!!
hugs, Jami

Ashley Newell Friday, November 28, 2008  

This is so cute Katie! I love that owl! Perfect inspired piece! Thank you so much for playing, it means a lot to me!

de Sunday, November 30, 2008  

Congrats for the win! I love your card!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP