BLOG CANDY - 10,000 hits!

>> Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So i peeked into my blog this morning literally because i was curious at what my hit counter was at. I knew it was close to 10k, so i was going to see if it was there. And to my surprise... it's at 9,999.

Now i wish there was a way i could know who peeks at it when it's at exactly 10k. I would give that person a prize! hehe. How fun would that be. And my counter may even be beyond the exact 10k by the time i finish this post, depending on who is doing their morning coffee blogging. I know i'm not the only one who does that!

But unfortunately, i dont think i have any way of knowing who the exact person is... so i'm going to do some blog candy instead.

I will be giving away a stamp set from Sassafrass Lass along with some other embellies and such (still need to take the picture... i'll add it in here later) but instead of just doing a post a comment candy, i think i'll do something a little different. here's a sketch i created this morning...



Complete the sketch by midnight on Sunday November 9th and link it back to here in the comment section. I will do a random winner of all entries received!

Feel free to use whatever stamps and such that you wish.

I will link up my card (that i havent created yet... woops) here in a bit! :)


ETA:  WOOPS, took me a little longer to get this linked up than i thought it would!  Here's my card...




It took me 5 minutes, IF that!  I used a colored image i had on file.  You see, i love to color so much that sometimes it's all i want to do.  So i do.  I stamp some stuff out and just color away, but those poor images never get made into cards.  I save them all, and on occasion when i need a quick card, i just pull one out.  And sometimes i send them off to friends inside cards, etc.  Well, this time fashionista finally got used!  When she first arrived in my inky hands i couldnt wait to color her so i did right away.  Now i've made cards with her since, but didnt use this image.  And now she was used.  She's so happy, cant you tell?  haha.  She's NOT colored with copics!  I dont think i owned any yet when i got her.  So this is my OLD coloring method.  haha.  I still like it, even if it isnt blended as well as the copics.  I used Marvy Uchida LePlume markers on her (with probably blush blossom from Stampin Up for her skin).  In some ways the LePlume markers are really nice for the bellas because 1 side has a super fine tip that can get into those beautiful (but extremely tiny!) details on the bellas.  
Other Deets - soft sky cardstock (SU), patterned paper (american crafts), flower stamp to make background (CTMH), sentiment stamp is by Autumn Leaves.



8 comments:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, November 04, 2008  

Well, you're over 10,000 now because I have somehow managed to close your blog and reopen it 3 times before I got around to commenting lol. Love your sketch. I'm not usually very good at them but I will give it a try.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, November 04, 2008  

I can't believe that I am the first one to enter your challenge. I actually had to make a card today anyway so I used your sketch and you can check it out on my blog at www.cheribella.wordpress.com

Monica Thursday, November 06, 2008  

Great card!! Congrats on your hits!!

Jaime Sunday, November 09, 2008  

Congrats on all of your hits! I made a card for your challenge...I used a bella...shocker!

Christi Flores Sunday, November 09, 2008  

Congrats on all your hits sweetie!! Here is a link to my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1122621?cat=13647

I'll probably have it on my blog either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the chance!

Josette Sunday, November 09, 2008  

I just happened upon your blog and I am so glad I found it. I just love your cards. You do an amazing job. I tried the card challenge so here it is:
http://allaboutjadennjonah.blogspot.com/2008/11/paper-makeup-blog-candy-challenge.html
I plan to visit your blog more often.

Heather Schlatter Monday, November 10, 2008  

O.K.
Katie I just read this post at 11:15pm and I rushed and found the stamps I wanted and made the card. I am in the process of posting it right now, but it might take me longer to get it posted then minutes I have so I am making this comment before 12am my time I hope that counts! I will be back to link as soon as I finish the post!

Heather

Heather Schlatter Monday, November 10, 2008  

I got that comment posted at 11:56pm by Kansas time! :-) LOL, if that does not count then hey I got a card done right????

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP