2 Sketches 4 You with Paper Makeup Stamps!

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

This week PMS is sponsoring the sketch challenge at 2 sketches 4 you! That means i got to see the sketch early, WOOT WOOT! This week is going to be a mad crazy posting week so I'm very thankful that i got that preview of the sketch! I'm very excited to be sponsoring the 2S4U challenge site because I really admire all the stuff they do there! It's another one of those places I dont get to play along nearly as often as i'd like. And to see their amazing design team use PMS stamps is going to be just awesome! So head on over to the 2S4U blog to see the sketch and to play along yourself. By playing along, you'll be entered to win a fabulous prize of PMS goodness!

Here is my take on Kazan's sketch!
I used Danni and You Make the World stamps with some Echo Park paper from the Walk in the Park collection. The butterfly is also from the EP paper, the backside of that fn cavnasie yellow are different journaling bits, tags and such. The butterfly was by itself on a little patch looking piece and I cut it out so that I could pop it up on the card. My sewing machine, as you can see is working again! YIPPIE! It's still a little finicky and I still want a fancier machine that stitches cool borders (so jealous of you, Ginger!) but hey, i can stitch a card again AND i can do a few MINOR sewing projects i've been wanting to do! here I used orange thread all the way around my card (minus on the sentiment, i was hoping to help make the sentiment stand out a bit by having the thread lead to it) as well as over my ribbon pleating to help give the pleating a little more security.

The Danni image was colored with Copics. This is one of the other images we colored in my Copic Class at Scrapnesia. We were working on blonde toned hair (remember my Moody for Dreams card from last week). Here I used copic colors YR31, Y21, YR23. For the shirt and butterfly it's YR18, YR15, Yr12. Pans are B91, B95 and the grass is G94, G99. I airbrushed around the image with B91 as well and Used B91 in her wings.

Now be sure to go over to the PMS Company Blog (the Paper Makeup Artists have had a lot of fun with this sketch!) as well as the 2 sketches 4 you blog to see some amazing PMS inspiration and of course to play along!

10 comments:

Ginny Monday, August 30, 2010  

Love the grass you added to Danni's image!!! And the stitching is still super cute even if it doesn't have a fancy edge. You could always just bring the card by and stitch it at my place ;)

Unknown Monday, August 30, 2010  

Such a beautiful card! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous,  Monday, August 30, 2010  

LOVE what you did with the layout!! THe ribbon is super cute! Mine will be up tomorrow...I think it turned out CUTE!

Randee E Monday, August 30, 2010  

Such a sweet simple card. Can I come color at your house? Love how you made the grass!!

Unknown Tuesday, August 31, 2010  

I just love this card! She is so whimsical and sweet looking, beautiful coloring and I love how you embellished this as well:)

cnelson Tuesday, August 31, 2010  

Darling! LOVE the butterflies and ribbon work!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 31, 2010  

It is extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Julia Simpson

Maren Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

So cute!!! Love the added pleat!!!! Thank you for playing along!!
Hugs,
Maren

Kelly Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Cute card. Love the ribbon accent.

Unknown Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Simply darling - I love how she is reaching for the butterfly!
Thanks for playing along with us this week & for your sponsorship!!!
:) Kazan

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP