Blast from the Past Blog Hop from Taylored Expressions

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome to my stop in the Blast from the Past Blog Hop from Taylored Expressions! I am SO excited to participate in the hop this month! Various things have prevented me from doing the previous hops and I am just floored to be among some amazing talent in this lineup!
There is a link list at the end of my post... but if you want ALL the details about the hop, you can get started by going to the Taylored Expressions Blog.

Here is my card for you using the Berries and Cherries set...

I decided to use the Blast from the Past sketch provided by Sankari Wegman. It's totally optional but i am a HUGE fan of Sankari's so i really wanted to use the sketch. :D

I used up some of my October Afternoon (Fly a Kite collection) along with the Berries & Cherries. It just matches so well!
Not to mention that i {heart} october afternoon!



Here is a closer view of the strawberry image. I first stamped the image on vanilla cardstock in Rich Cocoa memento ink. I decided later i wasnt in love with that idea because i couldn't see as much definition in the lineart after everything was colored. So i went back over some of the lines with the rich cocoa memento marker and was pleased with the final look. You can really see the difference in the definition of the strawberries in the top of the basket verses the ones down inside the basket as those i didnt outline at all. I figured we didnt want them to stamp out quite as much so it was perfectly fine the way it was. I colored the image with Copics. R32, R35 and R37 for the berries and YG63, YG67 for the leaves/stems. The basket was done in E25 and E27. Once the image was colored, I cut it out with the smal classic circle spellbinders die and then airbrushed with it still inside the nestie. For this i used the R30 copic and i did not mask the image because the colored being sprayed on top was light, and i was really focusing on the edges anyway. I did take a white signio gel pen to add in a few highlights.
Final picture for you then i promise to send you on your merry way thru the hop! This is just a detail shot of some of the other extras i did for the card. The closeup itself is more of the button with i threaded with some twine. It is sitting on top of a punched circle of the October Afternoon paper which is sitting on top of another piece which was cut with the scalloped circles spellbinder die. My border was punched using an EK Success punch and then adorned with some kaisercraft pearls in Copper. I also stitched a bit on my card (YEAH - my sewing machine is back in working order... thanks to PINKY!). All of my edges were sponged with antique linen distress ink. So thats what i have for you! Now it's fine for you to mosie along and get LOTS more creative inspiration on the hop! I hope you've enjoyed your little visit to my blog!






The Deets:
Stamps: Berries and Cherries from Taylored Expressions
Paper: October Afternoon Fly a Kite; Cardstock (Ruby Red SU, Aqua Mist PTI, Vanilla SU)
Coloring/Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Copics R32, R35, R37, YG63, YG67; E25, E27
Tools: Classic Circle Small by Spellbinders, Scallop Circle Small by Spellbinders, 1/2 circle punch by Creative Memories, Border Punch by EK Success, Corner Rounder punch by creative memories, Sewing machine
Inspiration: Card Sketch by Sankari Wegman.

28 comments:

Jodi Collins Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Everything about this card is just AWESOME Katie! LOVE the stamps you used, your amazing coloring, the papers, the buttons...LOVE it all!!

Karen Giron Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

I love those berries with the OA paper! This card is just beautiful and your coloring is amazing :D

Lea L. Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

This is so pretty!! The stamps match that paper perfectly! You did an awesome job coloring in those berries too!

♥♥♥Lea

Jenny Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

HI Katie...((waving at ya))! I love your coloring on this one, just perfect! Funny we used the same set =)

Punkydoodle Papers Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Wow Katie! This is so beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!

Kelli Hull Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

This set is TOTALLY on my next order, resistance it futile especially seeing a card like this...

Shaela Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

this is so cute! love the fun colors :)

Keva Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Great coloring on this card! I love it.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Just gorgeous girlie!!! Love, love, love it!

Terri Trotter Earley Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Great coloring and details!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ann Kranitz Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Love this....very pretty!!!

Shelby Goolsby Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Such a cute card. Your coloring is great as always and I love your flower/button detail.

Monika/Buzsy Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Such a pretty card! Love those strawberries... great coloring... and nice circle elements. :o)

Sankari W. Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Katie - your coloring and combo of papers is beautiful!!! SImply gorgeous I tell ya!!! LOVE the way you rocked the sketch!!! Simply LOVELY!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Regina Mangum Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Your coloring on the strawberries is simply fantastic! Love this sweet card!

Kristie W. Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Sweet card, love your coloring!!

Laurie Chilton Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Oh Katie.... love love love your card! I see you love the Berries & Cherries set too! So yummy :) :) :)

FibreJunky Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

I always enjoy my visits to your blog, Katie!! Love this TE set and what a wonderful card you've made with it. I want to go out and find a strawberry patch right now!!

Karen Motz Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

Those berries look good enough to eat!!!!! YUM!!!!!

Ashley Newell Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

This is gorgeous! The berries look JUICY! Awesome coloring!

Taylor Tuesday, August 24, 2010  

So berry cute! Sorry... Couldn't resist! Love that patterned paper with the strawberry basket!

Purrfect Paper Creations Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

This is such a fabulous card--love the paper with that image!

Chris L.

Natalie Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

Love your coloring, fantastic!! And your airbrush is berry deliciously done :-) Your card is so cheerful, love it!

Joan Ervin Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

Oh my, your strawberries look amazing...such gorgeous coloring and I love the OA paper!!!!

TannyP Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

Gorgeous coloring! Holy berries, batman....those are stunning and create a beautiful card!

Lori Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

So berry sweet! Perfect paper for the image!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP