My Time Made Easy - September Release Peek!

>> Saturday, August 28, 2010

OMG! Fun times all around, my blog went over 100,000 hits, so I will be posting some fun blog candy for that here in the next few days AND I finally get to show you one of my projects for the September release from My Time Made Easy. Ok, so we all kinda say that each month is the best month... but thats because it's true! Lauren is really really growing and evolving and this month's release is just truly kick ____!


Before I dive into LOTS of pictures and details, let me start by saying this month the release is a little bit different. No doubt, Lauren will have it explained excellently on her blog. So you'll definitely want to check that out. But the main jist is that there is just 1 template being released but it is a MEGA template. Lots of additions that make you able to use the template over and over while getting a different final look time and time again!

Ok, without further ado... here is my project!

Yes, that is one of the largest cupcakes i've ever seen and definitely the tallest i've ever purchased! Here is the completed project size...

Shop Around Box:

Completed Project Size

7 1/2 Inches Tall

4 Inches Wide

3 1/2 Inches Deep



Shop Around: Mega Template $10

Available in PDF, SVG, GSD, DXF, WPC

Purchase includes Shop/House template with printable roof pattern, and six 3 dimensional accessories: Awning, Chimney, Pop Up Window, Stairs, Window, and Window Box


You'll see for my shoppe for today, that i did not add the chimney, awning or the windows and window boxes (my windows are from the Home Improvement stamp set being released in September. But these additions are just adorable!

And now... more detail shots!

First, a quick note about the Home Improvement Stamp Set! In this set are 21 images including a door, window, curtains, window box, flowers, grass, mailbox, fence/gate, as well as bushes/clouds, brick, stone, scallop trim, and clapboard/wood grain. There are also matching cut files! In the above photo, you can see the fence which i stamped around all 4 corners of the shoppe. To the left, you can see a more detailed shot of the door stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento ink (with an added pearl as a door knob). I pleated some ribbon for curtains though there is a curtain pattern in the stamp underneath. I also used a strip of ribbon to create a doormat. Inside the window you see some little cupcakes. Those are from the Sign It set also being released in September. The trim on my door window and window boxes was colored in with a RV32 copic marker. Another detail you can see well in this shot is the siding. Yes, that is all hand stamped! I love the clapboard/woodgrain stamp included in the Home Improvement set. I stamped the walls of the shoppe (prior to assembling!) in the same color ink as the paper (blush by CTMH) so it's subtle, but it's there. :D
Also hand stamped is my roof pattern using a stamp from the Home Improvement set. I promise, it really doesnt take as long as you might think! But if you arent into stamping your own roof... the template does come with a printable roof pattern!

And now, onto my sign! I love the look of this little sign! I actually stamped a label from the So Sentimental set in rich cocoa memento ink. I then colored in the outer rim with a RV32 copic marker. I then stamped the word Shoppe from the Sign It set. I then stamped the words Simply Sweet in blush ink. 2 teeeeeny pearls by were added to the corners of the sign.

Now a detail shot of the stairs... Before assembling i stamped over them in rich cocoa ink using the stamp stamp that was used as the siding on the shoppe walls. All the edges were sponged to give more dimension and texture. Actually, i didnt say this yet but i sponged EVERyTHING on this house! The stairs seemed to be the most daunting aspect of putting this template together but they really were quite easy!
And here is a better shot of the roof. You can see the shingle stamp pattern as well as the dormer window. I actually stamped the door on another scrap of cardstock and then cut it out. Again you can see that all my edges were inked for more dimension to the template.

So are you totally tired of my pictures yet? hahaha. I'm almost done, i just wanted to make sure you were able to catch the fun things about this template...

But you may be thinking... ok, so yes it IS adorable... but what would you DO with it? Well, it's the perfect gift box! I mean, you can make the little shop for whatever you are gifting! The whole roof actually comes off just like a lid.
Remember that oh so tall cupcake? (holy cow, i just remembered the remainder is in my freezer... must go eat that after i finish typing!) It fits down perfectly inside. But any sort of sweet treats could go inside. Chocolates, candies, cookies, you name it! Wouldnt this be an adorble spin on the candy jar for a counter top? Of course you dont have to make this into a sweet shoppe! There are TONS of shoppe ideas that you are going to be seeing from the design team members this week! Speaking of... dont forget to check out Lauren's blog and Lesa's Blog for some wonderful Shoppes as well as Dawn's blog and Tammy's Blog (by the way... WELCOME TO THE DESIGN TEAM TAMMY!) for some adorable cards!


And for now... i will leave you with the visions of what i'm going to dive into after i hit publish..... ahhhhh, yummy!


Have a wonderful day!!!!

15 comments:

Dawn Easton Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Holy moly girl! That is one HUGE cupcake...hehe! LOVE what you did with the template! Pinks and browns are my fave colour combo!

Kristin Eberline Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Mmmm...this looks delish, Katie! The cupcake looks yummy also :O) LOL Your color combo is perfect...just love your finished house! So adorable!!!

Monique Saturday, August 28, 2010  

How Yummie!! This is so adorable..Love the pink and brown with the little pink valances made of ribbon... Oh and the little carpet by the door..Every time I look I find more details...

Lisa Kind Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Holy cupcake, Batgirl! That is one HUGE cupcake! And how did you get it into the box without making a mess? LOL!! This is "simply sweet", Katie! Love the pink and brown and all the details you've added...especially the cupcakes in the windows and the ribbon door mat! Very clever! Love it!

Angelwood Saturday, August 28, 2010  

That has to be the biggest cupcake I have ever seen but oh so yummy! ;) Your sweet shop is just adorable! Gorgeous colors and details! I have to get this template! Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, Angela

Unknown Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Love your sweet shoppe, Katie! Pink and brown is one of my fave color combos.. and OMG.. that is one huge and yummy looking cupcake!!

Shaela Saturday, August 28, 2010  

I don't know which I want more - the house or the cupcake, lol!! Fabulous job!

laurensmom22 Saturday, August 28, 2010  

OMG that box is so adorable and that cupcake scrumptious!

Anne Tussing Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Wow! You did an absolutely phenomenal job on this! The details are so precise and perfect! I am in love.....

Rosa Forino Saturday, August 28, 2010  

wow che meraviglia... รจ uno spettacolo per gli occhi complimenti

Isabel Saturday, August 28, 2010  

Que belleza!!!!
felicitaciones!!!!
me super encantรณ desde el color hasta la decoracion... y ese cupcake todo una tentacion.

AKiteFlier Sunday, August 29, 2010  

FAbby fabby Katie - love the details and the ribbon gathered on the windows - what a HUGE cupcake!! How fun :-) Super sweet.

Lauren (mytime) Sunday, August 29, 2010  

LOVE the mile high cupcake! LOL! Shows off how large this box really is. This is one of my faves of yours. Love all the details and colors :D

Tammy Hershberger Monday, August 30, 2010  

Katie, this is phenomenal!!! LOVE the pearl doorknob, and the ruffled curtains, and you even made a doormat!!! Absolutely adorable, and that cupcake is outta' this world! LOVE how everything matches, even on the decadence!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP