My Time to Shop til you Drop!

>> Monday, August 2, 2010

Holy cow, i'm not sure i've ever been this tired! It has been a LOOOOOOONG week but I am so happy to be home and typing from my own couch! And i've only been home for about 20 minutes!

So bare with me if my post doesnt make a lot of sense! I'll try to just be concise and give the right info! I'll get chatty about my trip soon!

Well, as you read yesterday, the release for My Time Made Easy is now live on the site!

Today is my special day to share a project with you (along with Lauren who posts daily during the release reveal!)

I'm showing you the Shop Til You Drop template and I turned my project into a little change catcher, which i plan to keep by my washer and dryer! There is ALWAYS loose change around!



Now This template is created to give you lots of fun layers that you can pop up and it's OH so cute! However, i've been gone so much this month (i've actually been away from home as much as i've been at home!) that I've done a lot of crafting on the road. It hasnt been too rough, but the biggest problem is not having access to my larger tools. And this biggest one is my cricut! So that means no Sure Cuts a Lot for me for this one! At first i thought, oh my goodness, how am i going to cut all those holes! Well, i knew a hobby blade would be best, but then i decided to go a different route and not cut them out all but rather use the PDF and color in the would be cut out holes. Of course i could have still done this on colored paper, but I didnt have as many options of colored cardstock with me on the road and i liked the look of the gray colored in.

Now the trickiest part of the template was going to be creating wheels strong enough to carry the weight of the basket when filled with change. It doesn't seem like pennies and dimes weigh much until you get a lot of them together! And i definitely didnt want wheels that would bend in. Then i was thinking, well shoot, what buttons and such did i bring with me? And then i had my epiphany of using QUARTERS! It worked perfectly because not only were they strong enough, but they brilliantly fit in with the idea of the change basket. They were just adhered with glue dots.

Last but not least is my little sign. I used the Money Well Spent set to create the sign (the label and the sentiment). I thought it worked perfectly with the idea that the loose change picked up around the house really isnt money accounted for so once that change adds up, then it really does equal a guilt free shopping spree! Ok, so maybe the change wont add up to much, but it can get me a "free" latte at starbucks!
Notice my little red sticks holding up my sign. Well.... i didnt exactly have what i wanted, those are the red coffee stir sticks from the hotel! Hahaha!

Ok, so thats what i have for ya today, and now i'm going to bed! I'm hoping for a nice easy day tomorrow(which is today when you are reading!) full of doing a bunch of nothing! :D Then i'll get back to work on tuesday! But i think at least 1 full day just hanging out with the kiddos (man i missed them!) is definitely in order!

Have a fantastic day!!!!


6 comments:

Lesa Monday, August 02, 2010  

Cute idea Katie!! I love it. :)

Shaela Monday, August 02, 2010  

hmm, I need one of these by MY washer and dryer, lol! super cute!

Jenny Monday, August 02, 2010  

So super cute Katie!! I'm so glad I had a chance to meet and hang out with you at CHA!!

Lauren (mytime) Monday, August 02, 2010  

OH my gosh! This is so creative and your coloring is ALWAYS crazy amazing. LOVE IT!

Your argyle for the card in the blog hop was WAY cool too :D Thanks for pulling out a oldie but goodie.

Unknown Monday, August 02, 2010  

WOW! Love your creative mind on this project, Katie! Your coloring is just FAB and LOVE the quarter wheels!!

Unknown Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Katie - this came out great!! I love that you used quarters for the wheels!! And the coloring of the "negative space" is perfect! MUCH easier than cutting that by hand! lol. Hope you had a great vacation!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP