A few new fairies for you!

>> Tuesday, August 3, 2010


It's peek week for Paper Makeup Stamps! On the 7th, PMS will be releasing 4 new fairies (as well as other stamps that you can tune in all week to the Company Blog to get some peeks and maybe even see some chances to win some free stamps! Here's your first chance... grab the release button (thats the picture to the left) and post it on your blog. Email me or leave a comment on the PMS blog that you've posted it to your blog and you are entered to win the whole release!


And now onto the peeks! I am showing you 2 of the 4 new fairies!

First, i just HAVE to show you the Tangii fairy, designed for one of my closest friends (how crazy is it that we can have such good friends that live SOOOOO far away and while i talk to Tangii every single day on both the phone and the computer.... i've never ACTUALLY met her.)

I knew i wanted a Tangii fairy for a long time, but i just wasnt sure what she would look like or be doing. Well then i finally got it one day! It just smacked me in the head! Tangii is ALWAYS drinking her Latte's and bragging about her gorgeous SoCal sunshine! So many stamps with coffee or latte's and the like are cold weather stamp. But there are some people... like tangii and like myself who drink Latte's all year round and in any weather! I spoke with Diem (illustrator of the Beautiful Day Fairy line) about my idea and she REALLY did a fantastic job making this fairy PERFECTLY tangii! Check it out...


The papers used on my card are all from the Walk in the Park collection from Echo Park.


I love the sentiment as well. This sentiment will come with the Tangii Fairy. But just think at how it can also stretch the other coffee image stamps you have! My brain has been turning with this one!





Isnt she just the cutest this ever?! I'm telling you, I cant get over it! I colored her with come copic markers (i'm sure you are shocked) and then added some highlights with a white signio gel pen.

Copic Colors Used
Skin: E00, E21, E000
Hair: Y21, YR23, E99
Shirt: BG10, BG23, BG34, BG49, BG75, BG78
Shorts & Shoes: Custom "E23", E25, E27
Wings: Custom "R80", R81, R83, Colorless Blender
Sunglass: R83, N2, N6

Airbrushed with custom color "R80"




But wait... I didnt just make 1 card for today, i made 2!!! I think i was a little excited to be back at home in my OWN CRAFTROOM with MY TOOLS! And all my copics at my disposal!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This time i used the Carter fairy (he too will be released on August 7th).

He reminds me so much of my son (i know, so you ask why i didnt name him Jack. Well, there is already a Jack fairy. Jack's middle name is Cartwright... so thats where this little guy gets his name! My jack constantly is wearing his halloween costumes. And just when i think i've gotten them put away in the very back of his closet, he comes running out wearing a costume that's usually too small. If it doesnt fit, it's just on as best as it can be!

For my sentiment, i paired it with a sentiment from a PMS set from long ago... Dino Essentials! Many of the sentiments in the set would work, but i just {heart} this one so much!

My papers are all from the new Imaginisce Splash Dance collection.


This image was also colored with copics. i colored him on the new XPress paper that i picked up at CHA. The verdict isnt out for me yet on this paper and if i liked it better than some of the other papers. The colors blend together just fabulously on this paper, but maybe TOOOOO well. I found myself going back in to add my shadow colors as they vanished when blending. The paper is also a bit thinner than what i am used to, but i didnt have any bleeding, which of course is a good thing. I'll have to play a bit more. You'll notice that i used a Colorless Blender to add in some texture. You do need to wait a bit for the paper to dry before this technique works.

Here are the copic colors i used...
Dino: YG11, YG13, YG17; E21, "E23"
Dino Shirt: B91, B95, B97
Pants: E21, "E23", E25, E27
Skin: E00, E21, E000, R20
Hair: E25

Phew... that was a long post! There are lots more fun creations to see over on the PMS blog.
Check it out!




14 comments:

Stephanie Zito Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

These are both absolutely stunning Katie!!!

Lisa Kind Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

Well, that is definitely Tangii! Love this beautiful girl (the image and the real one!)! And Carter is so adorable! Love how you used the blender to make the spots..really cute! Great fairies once again this month! :-)

Tracey Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

KATIE!!! These are incredible cards!! This month's fairies are AMAZING!!! Love everything so far (as if there was ever any doubt)!! xx

Danni Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

These are just fabulous!! Love 'em!

Ginny Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

I really really really love the Tangii card! So perfect. Really loving the fun paper

Jane Wetzel Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

these latte fairy is just ADORABLE! And I am sitting over here laughing at the costume kid you have!! ha ha! my son used to do the same thing! :) gorgeous cards Katie!

Tangii Crain Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

Wow girlie! You did a fab job coloring me :). I am totally and completely in love with my fairy!! I can't tell you how giddy I was when you first showed her to me... huge big, cross the country hugs girl!

Andrea Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

Wow, both cards are fantastic Katie! When i grow up, I want to color like you!!

Carma Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

I love them both! Coloring is fabulous as always.

Christi Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

OMG, girl, look at you rocking out TWO GORGEOUS cards! I seriously am going to fly to SC for the weekend one week so that you can teach me how to Copic because these are AMAZING!!! You are absolutely the first person who has made me where I even consider spending $6 for a single marker....SOON! LOL! smiles...

Beate Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

Katie, it was sooo awesome to meet you at Chicago! Both of your cards look fantastic! Your coloring and your stamps ROCK!
Hugs and smiles

Michelle VP Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

I always love to see how you color the fairy stamps. I wish I had your eye for shading and detail - wow! What a perfect fairy for Tangii! And my boys loved their costumes the same way. :)

FibreJunky Thursday, August 05, 2010  

I seriously need the Tangii fairy. If she wore birkenstocks, she could be me. And no, I'm not kidding. Totally love her! Carter is adorable. I think he looks great on the new paper. I'm looking forward to trying some.

Mandi Friday, August 06, 2010  

Both cards are so cute! Love the new Carter and Tangii Fairies. Then again the Fairies are always my favorite I think! :) What a great release Katie!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP