PMS Blog Hop is Here!

>> Saturday, August 7, 2010

Woohoo! The PMS BLOG HOP IS HERE! You should have hopped here from Tangii's blog!
If not... go back to the beginning because there is info you dont want to miss!

First, because i dont want to forget... my letter for you is....


Wow, that picture turned out a little large, huh? Well, i suppose you wont forget it!


My card uses the newly rubberized Home Matters set. I paired one of the sentiments in the set with The Cottage.

This card is a little bittersweet for me. I was happy with the outcome of the card, but this one wasnt just a card to make to show off the set. My first close friend in Greenville is moving away. Though we've had our ups and downs... she is my partner in crime, my rubber soul sister and i've shared SO much with her. All i have to say is thank goodness for the internet! I know we'll stay in touch, but her leaving is still very sad and
breaks my heart a little. But, i am happy for her and her family as there are only bigger, brighter and better things in store for them. I'm still selfishly sad for myself though!

I chose to use colors that I knew she would like... pink and brown. but SASSY pink and brown!
She's also the one who has gotten me into beading a bit, so i thought it was approriate to use a hat pin and some beads (that SHE got for me, no less!)


Now before i start sobbing into my keyboard, why dont you just hop along to the next gal! I'm thrilled to lead you to Simone's blog, our guest designer for the month! She is just fantastic!


19 comments:

Christi Saturday, August 07, 2010  

This card is so beautiful! I love that splash of pink and the beading...just gorgeous! smiles...

Stephanie Zito Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Stunning Katie! I love the colours and beaded hat pin! Beautiful!

Ginny Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Oh I love the hat pin and beads! Very pretty.

Michelle VP Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Aw, I know your friend will treasure this card forever, Katie. I really like how you made the cottage monochromatic and stamped the saying over top of it. And the pin with the beads adds a beautiful touch. :) You should put this card in the Ways to Use it challenge this week!

Michelle Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Oh I love sets like this - such a pretty card! LOVE the bow and pin...so pretty!

Christi Flores Saturday, August 07, 2010  

This is wonderful!! I love that ribbon treatment!

FibreJunky Saturday, August 07, 2010  

((((((HUGS)))))) No sobbing on the keyboard! Trust me, the internet is a godsend at times like these. She's gonna love the card you made for her.

Sherry Campbell Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Awww! This card is beautiful! Sorry about your friend, but no one is far away in this tech age. HUGS!

Kristie W. Saturday, August 07, 2010  

What a sweet card! I love how you stamped the sentiment on top of the image, neat! Awesome pin too, so sorry your friend is moving though. Hugs!

Tracey Saturday, August 07, 2010  

This is a gorgeous card Katie! Sorry to hear about your friend moving away!! :( Sending you hugs!!

AScrappersDelight Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Gorgeous card Katie! I am sorry your friend is moving away!

Unknown Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Lovely card Katie...she's gonna miss you too :(

Randee E Saturday, August 07, 2010  

This is GORGEOUS!! I never thought to color the cottage all one color! LOVE the look :0)

Shaela Saturday, August 07, 2010  

um, can I have this card to send to my parents?? lol, great job! love the colors and the pin on the bow :)

dawnmercedes Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Great idea for the words!

Davi Saturday, August 07, 2010  

Im sure your friend will love this. The house with the sentiment over the top of it is very pretty and I love your knotted ribbon and dp.

Tina Sunday, August 08, 2010  

What a beautiful card! I love the sassy colors and know your friend will love it.

Andrea Sunday, August 08, 2010  

Very nice Katie! The wonderful combo of pink and brown is always great and the hat pin just added that little extra umph!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP