PMS sneaks day 2 with a MOJO challenge!

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's day 2 of the sneak peeks from Paper Makeup Stamps!
Quick reminder (as if you needed it with my picture to the side here!) the release party is THIS saturday at 8pm EST in the PMS forum. This is also when the stamps go live on the site! You dont want to miss it!

The peeks today are of 2 new moodies and 3 new wordarts!
You'll definitely want to go to the company blog to check out everything. Me? well today I went simple with NO coloring! I know! I was shocked too! Seriously?!

Sometimes cards with a sentiment only can be the hardest for me to make. This is because i can't rely on the color to me the focus. Hmmmm... what to do.... I KNOW! The mojo challenge! Julee always has the BEST sketches! Sketches that would never in a million years come to my noggin! You can see the sketch at the right.

As you will see below... i stuck to the sketch pretty literally. Of course there is enough detail that you already envision a pretty card, it's hard to stray away! I did, however, change the scallop circle to an adorable pinwheel. I used to make pinwheels all the time. Well, at CHA you saw pinwheels all over the place! In paper lines, in stamp collections, in embellies. Pinwheels are definitely a hot thing right now!
And so super easy to make! I used some of my yet to be used SummerTime collection from Echo park (LOVE this paper company!) for all layers of my card. How ironic... the cloud paper (you know i'm completely smitten with clouds) is my favorite from the entire pack, and you can barely tell they are clouds behind my layers!

Speaking of layers... i know there is a lot going on with my card since i chose such bright and bold papers. I didnt want to weigh it down with more layers for mats but at the same time, i just plain doesnt feel like a card is finished without mats! SO, i opted to sponge the edges with black ink. it was just enough to ground each layer without adding too much bulk to the card. :D

And that wordart... isnt it delish?! Its one of the new to be released sentiments from Paper Makeup Stamps and i totally adore it!

Aww, fudgaroo, as i type this close to midnight.... i hear not one but BOTH my boys now awake and out of their beds playing. *sigh* no rest for the weary. So i suppose i will wrap this post up. You got all the info anyway.

Check back in tomorrow for another sneak peek from the PMS August Release!!!


14 comments:

Ginny Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

Loving the sentiment & the pinwheel! I was playing around with those last night too! Super fun paper, can't wait to play with a full pack of it!!!

Lisa Kind Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

Oh I LOVE your pinwheel! The papers are so perfect for it! This is so bright and pretty, I can't stop looking at it! LOL!! And the sentiment is fab, of course! Great job!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

LOVE the pinwheel!!! They sure are hot right now.... :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

oh Katie! i adore this pinwheel!!! So cute! I have GOT to try those for my cards!

Shaela Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

super cute pinwheel! such a fun bright card :)

Andrea Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

Love, love the pinwheel! Beautiful job! Hope you got those boys back to sleep!!

Carma Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

Fun, bold, papers and love the pinwheel. I'm sorry the boys are so off schedule :(

Michelle VP Wednesday, August 04, 2010  

What a cheery card! Love your combination of papers and your pinwheel. :) I hope the boys went back to sleep easily for you....

Stephanie Zito Thursday, August 05, 2010  

How fun Katie!!! Love your pinwheel and that Echo Park dp! Such a happy card!

Tracey Thursday, August 05, 2010  

I am loving that pinwheel! Fab card Katie!!

FibreJunky Thursday, August 05, 2010  

Awesome pinwheel!
And there's never any rest for the mom.

Mandi Friday, August 06, 2010  

Love the pinwheel. Super cute!

Julee (Vervegirl) Tuesday, August 10, 2010  

This is just fabulous, Katie! Love that pinwheel. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP