Verve is having an AnniVERVEsary!!!!

>> Friday, August 20, 2010

One of the first non hostess stamp companies (and one of the ones that truly got me hooked on this "little hobby") is Verve Stamps. I adored them back in the day when they were verve visuals. ahhh.... memories. Well this month they are celebrating 3 years of extreme success in the stamping industry! WAY TO GO! It's no wonder since they have a ROCKIN' design team, fantabulous stamp designs and wonderful quality stamps. But i still admit, i'm jealous! hahaha!


There are 5 awesome sketches that Julee has put out for the occassion (and you know i love her sketches!). If you complete them all, you are entered to win the whole release and from the sneak peeks... oh i want this release!!!!

Here is just the first of the 5 sketches. We'll see if i'm lucky enough to get them all done! But the party is TONIGHT at 8! I hope to see you there! Join in the fun HERE.


SO here's my first vervie verve card!


I used the set ENJOY. It's just such a fun set because the butterfly when turned upside down
and stamped with the stem, looks like this really cool flower. I love it when a stamp set can have multiple uses!
The body and antennae are 2 separate stamps which since Verve stamps are clear are very easy to place exactly where you want them. If you arent a "colorer" then there is also a solid version of the stamp.
But I am a colorer. hahaha. I used copics here
R000, R00, R02, R05 and R08 to be exact!


I wanted to do something a little different with my organza trim than just tie a bow. So i started playing around with it and while i could get the organza to curl a bit just by using the ol' run scissors thru it trick, of course it would STAY where i wanted it. So i trimmed itsy bitsy pieces of scor tape (i'm sure a mini glue dot would have worked, but i knew where my scor tape was!) and put it just on the end of each curl and then placed it exactly where i wanted it on my card. Now looking at it perhaps i should have covered the knot. Oh well, it is what it is. hahahahaha!

All of my edges of cardstock from the white to the darker purple/maroon shade have been sponged with Tattered Rose distress ink. It's more noticeable in person than in the photos, but you can definitely see it on the white.

Paper Details: Patterened Paper is from the Marrakech collection from Basic Grey. Maroon cardstock is PTI (sorry, i totally cant remember the name!), Orange is Harvest by Bazzill and Red is Tulip from Close to My Heart stamped with the solid butterfly/flower image in tulip ink.

Punch along the side is from Fiskars. Circles were cut using Classic and Petite Scallop dies by Spellbinders.

Thanks for stopping by today!!



5 comments:

Michelle VP Friday, August 20, 2010  

Beautiful card, Katie! I love how you shaded those butterflies and curled your ribbon. :)

Christi Friday, August 20, 2010  

This is gorgeous Katie...it has a very oriental feel. smiles....

mycardz Friday, August 20, 2010  

Hi Katie! Happy Friday. Wow, I love your card. The colors are so striking and love what you did with the ribbons! Very cool! hugz, Mary

Carma Saturday, August 21, 2010  

My favorite colors! And I love the ribbon.

Lisa Kind Sunday, August 22, 2010  

Oh so pretty! LOVE the colors! And love the way you worked the sketch! Lovely card, Katie!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP