A Paper Crafts Connection challenge for Just Us Girls with Paper Makeup Stamps!

>> Thursday, August 26, 2010


How's that for a subject line, huh?! I was able to get a little crafty with a few challenges for my post today! When my craftin' friends issue challenges... i LOVE to participate. Unfortunately there isnt even enough time to do all the challenges i have planned for myself to do in the week!
So today... i comboe'd! I used Maren's challenge for PaperCrafts Connection to use Pleats on a card (something i dont do enough because i think it's über cute) and my girl Lisa's color challenge for Just Us Girls Challenges to use Hot Pink, Lime and Teal. Here is my outcome!

Ok... so for some reason... my cards are getting washed out when i post to blogger. The pictures are still crisp... but the colors are muted. it's driving me BONKERS! And i cant figure out what in the world the deal is! In person, that is melon mambo for the pink color. And the ribbon, while now stampin up... is just as hot pink if not BRIGHTER! ARGH. Looks like i'll be doing more research today because this is just redonculous! Is it a setting in photoshop when i save or something? It looks great on my computer screen when NOT put into blogger. :( Or is it just my computer? In any case, i'm VERY frustrated!
ETA: apparently it's my computer. And all browsers on my computer, but when i look at my post from my phone, it looks fine. Which is just as aggrevating! But at least i know SOME people see the card correctly! HAHAHA!)

Anyhoo, back to the card!

The stamp is from Friendly Flowers from Paper Makeup Stamps.
I used more of my Echo Park paper from A Walk in the Park. I adore this paper! The cardstock is all stampin up (melon mambo, kiwi kiss and bermuda bay). Flowers are by Prima and bling centers are by Darice.

Ok, thats what i got for ya today! with any luck, i'll be crafting more today (but for sneak peeks for MTME and PMS that will show NEXT week, hehehehe) Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Alexandra Lundgren Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Beautiful card! Love the combo of papers!

Lisa Kind Thursday, August 26, 2010  

This is so pretty, Katie! I'm so glad you decided to play in our JUGs color challenge! It looks fine on my computer! Very bright and vibrant!

Kathryn B Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Beautiful job with the colors, they look fab from here! Love that sentiment!
Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Carma Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Love the polka dots! :)

Andrea M Thursday, August 26, 2010  

Gorgeous card and such a lovely (and true) sentiment. Great job :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Monique Friday, August 27, 2010  

Your card looks great... wonderful job using those colors and I love the sentiment..TFS!!

Maren Friday, August 27, 2010  

SO pretty! LOVE those yummy colors!!! Thanks for playing along..... HUG- Maren

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP