Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge M4TW40

>> Friday, August 27, 2010

WOOT WOOT! I have a card done for the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.... on the day it's issued! Man that feels good! I hate that i dont participate as much as some of my team does! Bad Mama! hahahaha! Anyhoo - for this week's challenge, Danni Bindel has challenged us to create a birthday card! Thats easy enough right?! Well i thought so!

So here was my thought process... doesnt it seem like birthday cards are the ones that sneak up on you? You think to tell your kids (because you dont dare tell them days early or you get asked every day if it's time for the party... or at least thats my house!) So you tell your kids... we have a birthday party to go to today! Then it dawns on you... oh CRAP! we have a birthday party to go to today! Ok, again, thats what happens in my house! hahahahha!

Well... given the right products, birthday cards dont HAVE to take an hour to make. Especially when about 15 minutes is all you have! This one actually took me LESS than 10!

So granted the only stamping I did on the card was my sentiment. The rest all came from the paper scraps of the layout i did the other day from THIS post. The paper is from My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup. I am still LOVING this paper! I mentioned this in my post the other day, but it is double sided THICK paper! And i dont mean thick like too heavy for a card. But it's sturdy.... PERFECT for a card OR a layout. The additional elements are from the die cut sheet. Remember i told ya i'd show you some other ways to use them up! ;)
I did ink the edges of the elephant die cut a bit just because i wanted it to have the worn look I had given the papers by using Antique Linen distress ink. I used foam adhesive under the elephant and the buttons (i tied the twine thru the buttons prior to using the foam adhesive)





The sentiment is from the Cutie Critter Sayings sentiment set.

I cut the sentiment with the smallest die from the Spellbinders Labels Trio set and then layered it on top of another piece cut from one of the larger dies.

Now you know you wanna get in on this challenge! Check it out on the company blog! We will be drawing 1 lucky card for a free stamp! You dont have to have any PMS stamps to play, but you do need to use a PMS stamp or digi to win.

So check it out and have a FABULOUS weekend! Be sure to check back in tomorrow... i'll have my first peek of the My Time Made Easy release for you to see!!!!

5 comments:

Lisa Kind Friday, August 27, 2010  

Oh so cute! Can't go wrong with these cute embellishments...especially when it only takes 10 minutes to make!

Shaela Friday, August 27, 2010  

this is adorable!! love the little elephant :)

Anonymous,  Friday, August 27, 2010  

Top web site, I had not noticed papermakeup.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Danni Friday, August 27, 2010  

I love the elephant!! What a cute and fun card!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP