Copic Creations Challenge is BACK! #32

>> Sunday, August 1, 2010

This is my 2nd post for the day... scroll down to see my My Time Made Easy post or click HERE.

Well, we took the last challenge off so it's been a WHOLE MONTH without a new copic creations challenge for you! So arent you just DYING for a new challenge? You're going to LOVE this one!

Our challenge for the next 2 weeks is anything to do with reading and use copics (duh!) on it!
Our sponsor is Elizabeth Dulemba who is a wonderful artist who does a lot with Children's Literature. To help encourage summer reading with children, we have been challenged to create bookmarks and the like and we are all using some of her fantastical coloring book pages images! She puts up a new one every tuesday and get a load of this... they are FREE! Free free free!!!! You can snag some of your own HERE!



Well.... i couldnt resist these images as literal coloring book pages! They just print out so wonderfully and as you may remember, i was having a very rough week last week with my grandma's illness, computer and server woes, etc etc and i needed some MAJOR color therapy!
So i printed out one of Elizabeth's images and just had a ball coloring it! THis is a full 8.5 x 11 sheet (well, i did trim it down a smidgen so that i could just used an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock as the mat). I gave it to my 4.5 year old, Jack. He was very excited and told me "Mama, this is really good coloring! You stayed in all the lines!" HA! Then we chatted a little more about how the little elf boy was reading and how important it is to read. He said "I know". HA, again!
And i asked him what we should do with the picture, and he said to put it by his bookshelf... so he remembers it's important to read. What a smart little bugger i have! So that is just what we did. Then I created the matching bookmark also stamped with an alpha set called Precious from Close to My Heart. We are going to put a sticker on his bookmark for every book he "reads" with Mama or Dad before bed and when he earns a certain amount, he gets to go buy more books. That is if we can FIT anymore on his bookshelf! My boy sure does love his books!


Ok, one last picture... since the challenge was to make a bookmark, i suppose i should show a better view of mine!


Here you can see the image colored again... My book mark is a SUPER simple bookmark. I cut a blue circle and a dark green rectangle and adhered the circle to the top of the rectangle (but to the backside, just cause i liked seeing the layers on the front. To create the white front of the bookmark, i used my Creative Memories custom cutting system and only used the blade around part of the circle die and left the rest for me to cut into the rectangle shape.


Copic Colors used on both the large and the small image are the same. Ones with an * were used much more in the large image to get the detail and blending i wanted. The smaller image didnt need much of these colors if at all.

Skin: E00, E21, E000*
Hair: Y21, YR23, E99*, Custom Blend "Y20"*
Shirt: YG91, YG93, YG95*, YG97
Pants: YG91, YG93, W3*
Shoes & book in bookmark: E43*, E44, E47
Book (large picture): E40, E42, E43
Wings: BG10, colorless blender


Don't forget to check out the Copic Creations blog for more details about this challenge and what you might win! You will have 2 weeks to complete the challenge and link up your card!

Ok... and now to go to bed! I will be driving all day on Sunday (which is today for when you are reading) to get back home to south carolina where i can give my hubby a big kiss!!!! THis time i'll have my kiddos in the car with me... pray for us!!! It could be a looooooong drive!

3 comments:

Chrisd Sunday, August 01, 2010  

Thank you for sharing Elizabeth's work with us. The bookmarks are lovely!

Cheryl Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

So cute and useful! Your boy will be a better person for his love of reading!

Heather Tuesday, August 03, 2010  

Hi Katie, love this image and what fabulous picture and bookmark, Jack's right great colouring and you did stay in all the lines lol. We are a family of readers and I cannot understand people who do not read, half of what I know I learnt from reading.
hugs Heather xx

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP