I thought of you the otter day...

>> Thursday, August 19, 2010

I love this Otter from the Retro Cuties collection from Paper Makeup Stamps.
I cant believe i havent had a chance to color her up yet!! I mean she was released MONTHS ago!
hahaha! I also used the sketch from last week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers...


Obviously, it's becoming pretty obvious that my most recent paper obsession is Echo Park! I love love love this paper company! And having gotten to meet them at CHA sealed the deal for me. Very nice people! I love the style of the paper, the bold rich colors without being too much! The current trends in color pairings but not so much that i cant use the papers years from now (HA, like i'll have anything left!)
I colored Olive the Otter using Copic Markers... E37, E35, E33, E30 and R30 for her cheeks.
Her apron i tried my best to match to the paper... Since i was coloring in small spaces, i let the copic colors be further apart so you can see the contrast. R32, R37; BG10, BG45, BG49' G12, G14, G40. I added some pink glitter to the top of my cupcake for just a little bit of special something!

I paired the Otter with her matching sentiment from the Cutie Critter Sayings set.
I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink and then used some Vanilla embossing powder by American Crafts over the top. It have a slight shimmer to it but it's still opaque. VERY pretty!
I should have used an embossing buddy but the added distress print texture to the paper sort of makes it all tie in. :D

You can view more takes on this sketch in the SC293 gallery on splitcoast!

Have a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

Melanie Thursday, August 19, 2010  

Oh my...I absolutely love this adorable otter! What a sweet card. That paper is fantastic...think I may need to get my hands on some!

Michelle Thursday, August 19, 2010  

oh my gosh katie..OLIVE is adorable!!
(I am also addicted to echo park paper...gorgeous, fun stuff..don't you think?)
sending a hug
mish

Bonnie Thursday, August 19, 2010  

Oh she is such a cutie Katie! Her apron is perfect!

Carma Thursday, August 19, 2010  

I love it. Love the matching stripes and the sparkly frosting :)

Lisa Kind Sunday, August 22, 2010  

He's so adorable! Love the cupcake "icing"...so pretty with the glitter!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP