Just Us Girls Challenge 46

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010



Howdy Everyone! Today I'm showing off the card I made for this week's Just Us Girls (JUGS) challenge! The challenge called to make a Wild Wild West Project!

One of the JUGS DT members, Alicia, is organizing a charity rodeo in memory of her son, Ethan. All proceeds will go for neuroblastoma research. Here's the link to the rodeo website. Last year, when Ethan lost his battle with neuroblastoma, Pink Cat Studios designed a few digis to be sold as fundraisers for the Weiman family. I paired both the Cowgirl Lily and Cowboy Billy images together on my card.


After i colored this card... i realized that i should have colored Lily's hair brown since we have a birthday party to go to on saturday for Gabe's little girlfriend from church. Drat! Well, looks like i'm not totally ahead on cardmaking for the week! hahahahaha!
Copics Used: E21, "E23", E25, E27, R12, R14, R17, R29, B91, B95, B97, B99, YR23, Y21

Also when digging thru my buttons yesterday i found this kinda different button. The side you see is actually the backside of the button, but it was much more interesting than the front!

In this photo you can also see the loopie border punch. This was actually an extra practice piece from a MTME project i did awhile back, but it was a perfect fit for the front of my card and the loops reminded me of rope. :D

Dont forget to check out the JUG challenge blog to see some stellar samples from their Design Team! And if you play be sure to link up your creation. There is a prize of a super awesome Gina K set designed by Teresa Momber! Check it out HERE.

Have a wonderful day!!!!


11 comments:

Tracey Tuesday, August 17, 2010  

This is such an adorable card Katie!! Love those cowboy/girl images!! xx

Shaela Tuesday, August 17, 2010  

what a sweet card! I need to make cowboy invites for my son's upcoming birthday party :)

Kathryn B Tuesday, August 17, 2010  

Adorable Katie! You did an amazing job coloring these two little ones in! I'm sure they won't even notice she doesn't have brown hair! I know I would just be tickled to receive such an adorable hand made card like this!
So glad you could play along with us at Just Us Girls this week!

Michele Kovack Tuesday, August 17, 2010  

What a darling card! your coloring is fabulous!

AKiteFlier Tuesday, August 17, 2010  

ROckin Aswesome Katie - I LOVE these two images - you did a great job with the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us - I know how super busy you are - it means a lot to us. :-) We appreciate the support ;-)

Carma Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

I love this. Cowboys are close to my heart and the punch is perfect!

Michelle VP Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

Sweet! I love how you paired the two on the card together. Reminds me of the days my boys loved dressing up as cowboys. :) And I have a friend with a baby that's had surgery for this kind of cancer - it just pulls your heartstrings.

Maria Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

This is awesome!! Love how you put them together and your coloring rocks!!! Fabulous job and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Dana Gustafson Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

THis is so wonderful Katie! I love your way with coloring and the loopy border punch is the perfect "rope" for this card. Thanks so much for making this card for Western week with Just Us Girls!

Jo Saturday, August 21, 2010  

Love your card! Gotta love Billy and Lily! Totally cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP