Stop the presses.... i scrapbooked!

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thats right, you read the title correctly, i actually scrapbooked! It doesnt happen often, not NEARLY as often as it should! I'm going to try to work on that! And since i've been added to the Design Team for Scrapnesia, one of my requirements will be to do some layouts for the store! YIPES! THE PRESSURE! I hope i can fulfill my obligations to fullest potential!

Well... my first assignment was to use this new paper collection called Alphabet Soup by My Mind's Eye. I had my own eye on this collection when i saw it at CHA. So i was ecstatic to be assigned it! The papers are BEYOND adorable! So much that i worked on a few layouts! And i'll be using it up on some cards too because it's just SO cute! You'll be seeing a lot of this paper line from me, so i hope you dont get tired of it! ;)

Here's my first layout!

These pictures are from when the boys and I went to the Indianapolis Zoo with my parents this summer. The boys LOVE going to the zoo and the Indy zoo is FAR more spectacular than our zoo (our zoo is adorable, and we can get thru it in about 45 minutes... it's a great treat/reward for the kids... the indy zoo takes all day and you STILL dont see everything! But thats why it's so cool!) Anyhoo - this is gabe at the giraffe exhibit. Be still my mother's heart, giraffe's are her favorite! And apparently gabe's too! He REALLY wanted to get closer as you can see!

I knew i wanted to scrap these pictures, and when i saw the extras in the Alphabet soup collection that had giraffe's i was so excited! All the papers are double sided which of course gives you lots of options. I did happen to use 4 different sheets for this layout. The giraffe cut out and word bubble are from the die cut sheet which i just loved! I dont always like die cut sheets... this one is really great! With lots of stuff you can do with it! You wont be stuck with a bunch of left overs... so it's well worth it! I'll show you other uses for this sheet later!
The giraffe playing card is from the card deck. The deck retails 4.99 BUT there are 2 of every card and there is a card for every letter of the alphabet! So i will cut the deck in half and have 1 half of the deck for crafting and the other half of the deck will be some fun playing flash cards for Gabe. You could also use the cards to play memory! I may just do that with the leftovers (be sure to remove the matching card that you used on a layout or craft project! hahahaha!)

Ok, so thats my SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT! I'm still proud i scrapbooked! And without coloring or stamping! ACK! ;)

On one more note... i am soooooooo close to 100,000 hits! It's exciting for me! I'm going to have a nice BIG blog candy when i get there! So stay tuned!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tina Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

Fantastic page! I love the papers and colors, so perfect for a day at the zoo.
Congrats on the hits and the DT spot!

Unknown Wednesday, August 25, 2010  

Darling, Katie! Congrats on your new DT.. a great reason to scrapbook, too!!

Monique Friday, August 27, 2010  

Great LO Katie.. Congrats on the making the DT..

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP