Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps

>> Wednesday, August 18, 2010



Have you seen this new stamp company?! You may know Sparkle Smith from around blog land or splitcoast stampers. I knew her from back in my Bella days (not that i dont still like bellas of course! But i mean when i was first turned onto splitcoast and was addicted to anything Bella!) Well Sparkle has recently started her own stamp company, and you know me, i'm always rooting for the new company! I still feel like my stamp company is a new unknown stamp company (and well it still is to many!). So when sparkle announced her new venture, i had to order right away.


Isnt she just so sweet? I love big poufy things to color... her dress was just calling my name and i knew she had to be mine! I paired her with some older Crate Paper i had left over. It's an interesting color combo and just now as i see my card i realize i didnt write in her tag. I was going to make it say HI, but apparently i forgot! hahahaha! Just pretend thats there, and i'll hope i remember to write it in before i send it off in the mail!

Here's a close up...

I used copics to color and on the "new" X-Press paper that Copic is carrying. I'm liking this paper more and more everytime i use it! Too bad i have a very small stack i got from CHA. They were out of the large packs by the time i got there. grrrrrrr. So now i have to wait for it to become available for me to buy it!

The blending on this paper is different than the neenah. It's not as bright of a white which is a slight bugger and the weight isnt as heavy BUT the ink doesnt seem to wander within the fibers of the paper which means not bleeding. But it also doesnt seem to get stuck in the fibers so you can still get a pretty gradient and in fact, when going back over with a lighter color the result was super smooth and not the "spotty" look you can sometimes get. The final test was going back to some neenah to color after coloring a few images on the Xpress and i must say, the coloring on the neenah took me much longer to get the smooth quality i like! So i may become and Xpress gal! I still cant get away from the bright white of the neenah though and it will remain my go to cardstock for white without coloring for sure!

Copics Used:
BV0000, BV000, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04
YR23, Y21, "Y20"
R20, R22
E00, E21
"E23", E25, E27
G82, G40


Have a wonderful sparkly day! :D

9 comments:

Ginny Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

I love the way you colored her :) I can't find my oh so small stack of paper :( when's it available for us to get some???

Michelle VP Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

She's beautiful! I love seeing how you color your images. :) You've got me curious about the paper too - but I'm still such a newbie with copics.

Shaela Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

very cute! I'm near the end of my Neenah ream, I might try this Xpress paper before I buy another one :)

Danni Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

Beautiful card! And as always, gorgeous coloring!

Tracey Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

This is such a pretty card Katie!! I love it!! xx

Unknown Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

This is just fabulous, Katie!

Julee (Vervegirl) Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

OH, this is just darling! Such beautiful coloring!

Sparkplug17 Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

Such a lovely card Katie! And thanks for all of the support!

Jami Wednesday, August 18, 2010  

Gorgeous card Katie!! Your coloring rocks, ad I love the color combo. You've got me craving the X-Press paper now girl!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP