My Time Made Easy - September Release Blog Hop

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today is the My Time Made Easy ™ LLC Release and to celebrate we have a BLOG HOP with some hidden treasure!

Each design team member is featuring a different themed house/Shoppe! You won't want to miss anyone!!

· Lauren Meader

· Katie Cotton (that's me)

· Lesa Rapp

· Lisa Kind

· Pam Imholz

· Silke Ledlow

· Stephanie Kraft

· Tracey Cuccia

· Tammy Hershberger

Kristin Bueter

and Dawn Easton

Be sure you leave a comment on each design team member's blog today because TWO of the design team members are going to be picked to have someone from their blog comments WIN a $50 Gift Certificate to My Time Made Easy ™ LLC!

NO ONE knows which two designers are hiding the treasure, so don't forget to stop by each design team members blog and leave a little love there. Include your email address-so you can be contacted if YOU are one of the lucky winners!

Winners will be drawn September 3rd, and announced on Lauren Meader's Blog .



Well it's midnight on the first! Well, at least it is when this is first posted! Which means anytime after now all the new products from My Time Made Easy are live and ready for shoppers on the site! Speaking of shopping, thats exactly what this release is all about! The release this month is a little different than in the past... only 1 template and it's a MEGA template complete with many bonus features that makes you able to recreate this 1 template again and again all the while being able to make it look different every time! Gotta love that! Ironically... in my project today, i only used the template base and none of the bonus features. I actually intended to create the chimney but totally forgot until i was typing up this post! haha!

Here is my Bit O' Blarney shoppe. I love the irish cottage feel and how this turned out. I was laying in bed the other night thinking of my sister who is currently IN Ireland. Yes, thats right, she's there and i'm here. Thats not cool. haha. Just kidding, my sister is MORE than deserving of this vacation and i'm so happy for her. In fact, this little cottage will be given to her.

Ok, back to my middle of night scheming of how to create the Shop Around template into more of an Irish Cottage. Well i know what an irish cottage looks like (I've been to Ireland, though YEARS ago and have a small collection of english cottage figurines but still i learned long ago that when you are working on a new art project, this first thing you need is RESEARCH. So i googled Irish Cottage Photos. Beware, the previous link will have you packing your bags and searching for flights to Ireland! Don't they just look so peaceful and serene. I could craft there all day long! Hahahaha!

So step one of creating my Irish Cottage shop was that roof! I went to PetSmart and bought a small bag of Rabbit Snacking straw. It was PERFECT for the job! Very easy to cut down to the size i needed and was light weight. It easily adhered to the scor-tape i had underneath.

In case you'd like to recreate this at home (you know you wanna!) I started with the sides before ever adhering the roof pieces together. This allowed me to cut the straw pieces in a straight line and now having to somehow magically know the exact length to and have placed.
Next up i did all the perpendicular to the ground pieces and assembled my roof. There is an extra roof piece (which i did not use in my previous shoppe post) which allows an overhand. I adhered my straw pieces to this separate roof piece and then adhered that to the top.
Ok, so you get how to make the roof... next up was making it look even more lifelike... so i knew i wanted some bright bits of green moss. I used Flowersoft in what else but SHAMROCK GREEN. :D It was the perfect extra!

Now that I had my roof satisfactory, I knew i still wanted very old looking walls and for that, i KNEW that the grey stone wall from the Construction Materials pretty printables paper pack would be just PERFECT. There are so many wonderful papers in the collection that it makes any project for the Shop Around template a breeze!

Next up came decorating the shoppe! I used the Home Improvment Stamp Set for my door. I was inspired by this photo and decided to use Barn Door red ink by Distress Inks. I then sponged the edges with Aged Mahogany to give it a more worn look. Since most all the photos i was looking at had dark windows, i decided to color in the windows of my door black. Also in the linked photo is a bright red wheel barrow and i thought... HEY! MTME has a wheel barrow in the Just for You set! I stamped and cut it out so that I could color in the wheel barrow with copics and then i added Flowersoft to the top.
I did want to make my template a bit more like a shoppe and not just an irish cottage. And any shoppe needs a sign! I used the boutique sign from the Shoppe Window set and just was very careful to only ink the sign itself and not the word Boutique inside. I then hand wrote my "Bit O Blarney" (thanks tangii for helping me think up the perfect irish shop name!). You can also see in this photo how i went a little crazy with the flowersoft for moss. I was having a lot of fun just adding bits everywhere!

Ok... ONE LAST THING (for now... hehehe). I also created a matching card using the Homemade and matching Envelope cut file. I wanted the over all look to match that of the Bit O Blarney shop so I created the same roof to stick out over the top and created a similar door.
The card then pulls out of the envelope (so cute, huh?) Since i wanted the card to slide in and out nicely, i opted to keep the inside simple. I've left the inside for a heartfelt note. The over all thoughts of this card for me is for Good Luck, which afterall is what a Bit O Blarney would be? Right?

So there you have it! Now be sure to check out the entire design team and have a wonderful day!!!

68 comments:

Monique Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh how I wish I was in Ireland with your sister.. This is wonderful I love the whole look of this from the roof with moss right down to wheel barrow.. How Cute!!!

Ladybug Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Love your use of FlowerSoft on this!

joana1n at gmail dot com

Unknown Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

thank you so much for sharing this, my heritage is irish and it makes me want to go on holiday there - so very cute

corbettcreations@hotmail.com

Unknown Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

OMGOSH KATIE!!! I love this!!! And I'm just a *wee* bit jealous of your sister...It's my dream to go to Ireland some day...I'll need to be heavily sedated for the flight (I'm not a good flyer) but I'd LOVE to go. This 'Bit O' Blarney' shop is just PERFECT -- the straw roof... love it..

Fabella Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh what a lovely funny idea! Wonderful roof and walls!

Also I really like the card you made with it!

velta Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Creative is an understatement on this gorgeous Bit O' Blarney shop! Your idea about the rabbit straw for that roof is sure to be one heck of an inspiration to all! Thanks for sharing!

Diana Louwerens Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

What a great and lovely cottage, love the little details on it

Valarie (vampme3) Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Adorable! Love the roof...and love the font you have for your blog titles.

Shari Dancer-Thomas Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Love the hut! Too stinkin' cute!

Bim,  Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Lovely set,and thanks for demonstrating how versatile the whole set can be!! The straw roof OMG...Adorable!

Kathy Jones Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

WOW!!! LOVE your Irish Cottage!!! A friend of mine has just come back from living there for 2yrs!!! Love how you did the roof and that stone print is awesome!!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Beyond cute!!! So creative - that roof is amazing and all that "moss" is perfection :>)

Wendalyn Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

This is so adorable I just love it.

wendy,  Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

oh how original..love your idea...

Margaret Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

too cute! Another great idea to use this template!

Isabel Z Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

This is absolutely FABULOUS. Every detail is perfect and I LOVE it.

Mary Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

¡Hola Katie,
absolutamente adorable tu casa, me encanta lo rústico, cariños!

Jackie Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

I love it, reminds me of the UK! And I just love the flower soft effect. Thanks so much for sharing your creative ideas.

cindy9489@msn.com,  Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Great job, love the detail. Thanks for sharing.

Terri Trotter Earley Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

What a fun rustic house.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mdegraeve Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

i just love love love that roof. so creative!! the whole project is amazing!

Kay D Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

The details on this are magnificent- I can't believe that roof! The walls are gorgeous, and the flower soft moss is THE perfect touch!

Darla Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Great job with the details on your little Irish Shoppe!

lorene Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

your house is sooooo cool! love the roof. but the walls are pretty cool too. now, why didn't your sister take you? LOL! thanks for putting my name in the hat!

Lorene

Tina Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Wow - this is a super cool take on the house or shop - very cool texture...Love it.
tina

Unknown Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Katie what a fantastic job you did! I love the idea of straw for the cottage! TFS, Mary M
mmontecalvo@verizon.net

Longvacation Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

That looks pretty amazing! I love the time and detail you spent making the roof. It will be so funny if the pet shops start having tons of people come in for that rabbit straw. I wish I had known about that paper a month ago when I was making a castle.

Kris Turner Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

What tremendous creativity - love it!
Kris, Wadsworth, OH

cal8007 Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh what a fun little shack!! Love your idea of the straw roof.

TFS

Carmen Lucero
cal8007 at aol dot com

Jen Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

WOW! I mean really! Just... WOW!
Who thinks of rabbit chew sticks for a craft item. I know I don't. I didn't even know they existed. Crazy cool shoppe. From the roof with flowersoft moss to the paper with the pebbles pattern ... it's ALL good!
Thanks for sharing!

Darla Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

LOVE that thatched roof!!! That is too cute for words!!! Well done!

Darla
darlamcc at eastlink dot ca

Terri Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Very cute! Cool roof. That must have been a lot of work. I also like the flowers in the wheelbarrow too.

Unknown Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh this is TOO cute, Katie! Love how you did your roof -- so fun and creative!

Noreen Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

You did a great job making it look like a cottage - especially the roof!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Wow girl! this is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you told me an Irish Shoppe, I never imagined something THIS perfect! I love the moss, and straw roof and the cobblestone...fabulous job as always!

Kristy Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Your little Irish cottage is stunning! Love the stone featured structure, the amazing roof, and all the foliage and flowers. Perfect!!! Your sister is going to love this!

Deb B. (Debadoo),  Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Wow, that cottage is adorable, and the roof is amazing!! Way too cute.
Deb B
stampindebs@aol.com

catherinedewaal Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

This is amazing. I love the detail of the roof. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation!

d'Dragon Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

I love the thatched stone cottage - so cute!

Abbie Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Keep the wonderful ideas coming!
craftygirlabbie@gmail.com

Sue D Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Very cute--love the roof!

Lisa Kind Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh this so reminds me of my trip to Ireland, especially a little town called Adare. They are noted for their thatched roof houses! Love the use of the flower soft for the mossy accents! Great job!

Penny Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Oh my gosh I love that roof, so unique!

Juli B Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Just love how you translated your idea to your project! It's so perfect with the thatched roof, the stone and the moss! Thanks for all your great ideas!

Kelly G Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

What a great idea for the roof. You guys definietly think outside the box

Elaine M Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

WOW - what a wonderful design!! You certainly spark our creativity

angelafsprouse Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

What a wonderful idea!! That rabbit straw really worked out beautifully for this project. :)

Shelly Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

You really know how to think outside the box :-) Precious!! Your sister will love it!

Cynde Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Love your lucky irish house! How fun for your sister, and kind of you to make her a cute memory house!

Berry Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Hiyaaa Katie Love the house it's too cute but you have to make a makeupstore or a stamp store or a fairy store I just picture you in a makeup store really punk hahaha love it

Rosie Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

WOW....so creative and awesome! Who would have thought to use Rabbit Straw!! So clever!

Silke Ledlow Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

OMG Katie...your house is awesome!!! Love the fabbo roof GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Good Kardma by Jules Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

How inventive!! Absolutely love your project and your creativity.

juliadream68@msn.com

jmeni Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

OMG! I love this one. What a fun concept. I have some many Irish people in my life I will totally have to re create this! Thanks for the great idea!

AKiteFlier Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Katie this is FANTASTIC and that's no blarney. It's truly creative and does justice to the whole IRish cottage theme. ROCK ON adorable with all your details. :-)

Karen C Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

I just knew I was going to see some houses from other countries!!
Can't wait to see what else is out there...Yours is so cute

Denise Bryant Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Great use of the green FlowerSoft! Adds a lot of great texture!
DeniseB

Mom22RedHeads Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Your shoppe is awesome! I just love this months release!!!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions....:)

AShu93 Thursday, September 02, 2010  

This is such a beautiful project! The details are fabulous & I love the flower soft.

Erin Thursday, September 02, 2010  

This is SO adorable! The roof is such an amazingly cool touch! Love the colors too!

Natalie and Family Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Oh, I feel like I'm on vacation! I love this house! too cute! KEep it up!
smiles.

Jennifer McGee Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Irish Eyes are smiling - this house is Super Cute! I still can't believe you bought rabbit food for the roof.

sockamom13 Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Love the thatch roof. Cute house.

Kelly Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Ireland sounds beautiful. Your little store is sooo perfect. Love your use of Flower Soft. TFS!

Heather Thursday, September 02, 2010  

That roof is fabulous!! It really jumps right out at you when you first see the picture of the cottage.

Tammy Hershberger Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Katie, this is incredible! What a fabulous idea! I LOVE your little Irish stone cottage!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP