PMS sneak peeks day 3 - NEW FAIRIES!

>> Sunday, September 5, 2010



Holy cow, am I ever beat! Too many late nights in a row have caught up to me! Mix that with going downtown tonight with the fam (so fun!) and having to get up early tomorrow to work (makeup)... forgive me if i'm not as chatty as i sometimes am! I know, you're devasted that it wont take you 15 minutes just to read thru my post! hahahah!

Ok... so today the PMS team is peeking all of the single images being released this month.
This include 3 new fairies, 2 new cuties critters, 1 new wordart and 1 other image that actually coordinates with one of the fairies. I love them all so much, i used 2 of the fairies and the coordinating pinwheel stamp!

Let's start with Kat... the pinwheel fairy (named after fellow Paper Makeup Artist Christi Snow's daughter!)

For this card layout i used the sfytt (thats sketch for you to try) from Jen Del Muro of I{heart}2stamp. Jen has such fun sketches and a killer design team that will have you salivating with creative envy... it's sure to get your juices flowing!
My bigges regret on this card is i stamped my sentiment too high (after adhering everything mind you) so it's a little hard to read under the bow.

I colored the image with copics.

Hair: Y21, YR23, E99, "Y20" custom
Skin: E00, E21, E000
Shirt: YR12, YR16, YR18
Dress: R32, R35, R37, G14, R30
Shorts: BG45, BG49, BG01
Grass: G12, G14, G16, G19
Sky: BG10, BG11, "BG100" Custom

I also used a white colored pencil to add in some highlights since i wanted some subtle highlights. I often use a gel pen, but given that this image is colored so brightly as it is, i didnt want to give competition to the eye.
This can be acheived by using a colorless blender, but with the CB you risk pushing some of the color so that you also get a darker line. The white colored pencil avoids that!

This photo just shows off the sentiment a little bit better. This is the freebie sentiment with all purchases made this month while supplies last. :D

My paper on this card (and the next) is by Echo Park (yeah... dont act surprised i know you're not) and it's from the Summertime collection.

Ok... next card...


Meet the Hugging Fairies! I love these girlies so much!

Again, this paper is from Echo Park, summertime.
I love the bright fun colors in the pack! The scalloped border (which i'm just NOW noticing is barely seen!!!) at the top is actually one of the cardstock stickers. I know those paper packs with cardstock stickers can sometimes trip up us stamper folk. Well they need not! This one was a 12 inch long strip but i cut it to fit my card.

The flowers you see on my card are some of my favs! But i just got them from AC moore and pulled them off the floral stems! for like a buck a peice and i FILLED an empty prima jar! Lots of bang for your buck!
Here's a close up of the image.
Now in the PMS design team forum the other day, one of the gals asked what everyone's nemesis was when it came to copics. Well... i didnt want to be like HA, i dont have one! as i toss my hair over my shoulder because that certainly isnt the case! But as i tried to answer i thought, well this is TOUGH! And thats because i like to meet challenges, so it's hard to say there is a nemesis. BUT i will say, i have a hard time breaking out of the box when it comes to colors! I own all the copic colors available and have even created many of my own. So why do i use the same ones over and over? Why are all my colored fairies with the same hair colors? I guess i get comfy in my go to colors. I do this with makeup too. I know what i love, and sometimes it's really hard to break away from it. SO... thats my nemesis!
And because i've figured out what my nemesis is... i'm challenged by it! So i wanted to use DIFFERENT colors than my go to colors. Now of course i wanted to match to the paper so i did do that, but i did still want to branch out. I used different blue greens than i hardly ever do... but the biggest thing for me was hair color. I DEFINITELY have my go to hair colors! And i'm not sure i've ever colored hair quite as brightly as today. But there are indeed some bright red heads out there! So why not?! And truth me told... i LIKED IT!

Here is my list of copics used....
Blonde: Y21, YR23, E97, E99 (i added 97 to keep it warmer like the red head!)
Red Head: YR12, Y15, YR24, YR18 (the YR24 kept it from getting toooo bright)
BG dress: BG45, BG48, BG01; Y32, Y35
Pink Skirt: R30, R32, R35, R37
yellow shirt: Y32, Y35, Y38
WINGS: R00, R0000
(i also usually always color wings in blue tones... why? i dont know... so this time i went pink with an added peach spica pen that is hard to see... but very pretty in real life)
Ok, so i told you it'd be a short post. I lied. What can i say... i like to hear myself type. And i got started talking about colors! I LOVE talking colors!
Ok, so the sentiment on my card is from the same set i showed yesterday called When There's Nothing Left to Say. I love this set so much! What can i say, it's my baby. :D

Ok, so there is a hidden prize on one of the DT's blogs today. Go to the company blog to find out more! Until tomorrow... Have a wonderful day!!!!!



19 comments:

dawnmercedes Sunday, September 05, 2010  

wow...both are so sunny and happy! way to go!

Donna Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Very cute card! Love the new fairies!

Bonnie Sunday, September 05, 2010  

I love these hugging fairies! So fun and happy!

AScrappersDelight Sunday, September 05, 2010  

I would never know colors were your nemesis! AMAZING cards! and those hugging fairies are too.stinking.cute. Can't wait till the release!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Aha! I knew you had a nemesis with coloring somewhere! LOL! I do the same thing. Have my go-to colors. I love the red hair you did! Gorgeous! And it's amazing, but the red haired fairy actually could be the spitting image of my best friends daughter! I'm not kidding! I looked at her and said "It's Samantha!" LOL! Love both of these card, katie!

Shaela Sunday, September 05, 2010  

these are so pretty! and I love the "new" colors you've used ;)

FibreJunky Sunday, September 05, 2010  

I never would've guessed you had a nemesis at all. I totally would've believed the hair toss. There would even have been a breeze and slow motion camera action to go with it!!

Tracey Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Oh wow! These are gorgeous Katie!! I love both of these images and am pretty sure I need to have them!!! Gorgeous cards!! xx

Jami Sunday, September 05, 2010  

These are both so sweet Katie!! I just love the shading you've done on their faces! And the happy summer colors are awesome!! Totally makes me smile!

Monique Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Hi Katie.. I just love this set of sentiments.. ( a must get) terrific for friend and family card.. Those pin wheels are adorable.. great release :)

Renkata Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Katie wow the images are so adorable.
You give them live with your colouring and beautiful DP.

Brandi Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Holy cow!!! These are fabulous! Your coloring is out of this world! Smiles ~ Brandi

Carma Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Love both images but the hugging fairies remind of two little girls that used to hug ALOT (and you know who they are...:) The cards are bright and fun and beautifully colored!

Kelly Sas Sunday, September 05, 2010  

Both cards are absolutely beautiful, but I love the one with the windmill! The extra windmill you made puts it over the top!

Anonymous,  Monday, September 06, 2010  

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Ginny Monday, September 06, 2010  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these two cards Katie!! The colors are all super happy. i love how you colored the sky and the grass and the dots on the pinwheel to match the paper are super cute.

Stephanie Zito Monday, September 06, 2010  

Wow! Amazing cards Katie! Your colouring is incredible as always! I love the bright, fun and happy colours!

Randee E Monday, September 06, 2010  

All I can say is wow! My coloring nemesis is hair. Have you ever done a tutorial on it? I would love to know how you know where to put the highlights (white areas)and how to combine the colors - Yours are always sooo perfect!!! Awesome cards :0)

angelafsprouse Monday, September 06, 2010  

Oh those are so cute!! I love the new red head and will definitely be trying that one out :).

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP