Paper Makeup Stamps and Quixotic Paperie Blog Hop!

>> Monday, September 20, 2010

Today the Paper Makeup Artists are teaming up with the Quixotic Paperie Design Team. Quixotic Paperie is an online retailer of TONS of scrapbooking products in the UK and they are the ONLY online UK provider of Paper Makeup Stamps.


Elaine came to me with the idea to do a joint hop from our design teams and let me tell ya... i just LOVED it! Elaine has a superbly talented design team and i tend to love my paper makeup artists as well so today's hop is sure to inspire!

Here is my card for you today...

It's a simple almost one layer card. :D I did mat my main layer and add photo corners but other than that, it's all one layer. I rarely do one layer cards or simple cards at all because i always feel like i'm missing something, but i LOVE when i see them done by others. So i thought i'd try my hand at it again!

For this sunset card... i used the Faith Hope Love set which for UK fans, you can get HERE and for the US fans you can get HERE.

For those a bit scared of the whole "sunset" type of card... here's a brief rundown of how i do it.




1. First use any die cutting system or punch to cut a circle from a scrap of cardstock. You will need both pieces.







2. On a larger piece of cardstock that will become your card front (note, i like to go larger than what i will need and then cut to the size i want) place your circle shape where you want your sun to be. Then using an airbrush system or sponging technique (here i used the airbrush and copics) begin to spray around your circle (sun) shape. Progressively get darker as you move away from the sun shape.


3. Once you have completed step 2, remove your circle cut out and then place your other scrap piece (that you cut the circle out of) over your paper so that the cut out space is directly over the white space left from step 2.








4. Now airbrush or sponge into the hole left on your other cardstock piece. I like to choose 1 side to be a little darker in color. It just gives for a pretty effect. It makes the sun look a little rounder, even though when we look at the sun in real life, we don't see a ball, but just a bright circle. haha!





5. Now your sun scene is created! And you can stamp on top as you'd like to! I created a scene using the grass from the Faith Hope Love set and then also some of the smaller flowers.

I also used the sentiment Hello Sunshine right on the same layer.

This sentiment can be found HERE for the UK
or HERE for the US.




Final step, and this really is just one of those helpful tidbits... but as i said, i like to stamp on a larger piece of cardstock than i need. This way i dont make a mess on my table and i also can be assured that i have perfect placement of my over all image. See here you can see the bottom of my grass, but on my final card it's been cut off. :D





I hope you enjoyed my little mini tutorial. Now to go along to the rest of the hop! If you are going in order... Christi Thorsen is next on your list. However, i've included the list of all the hop participants below! Have fun and have a wonderful day!



Have a wonderful Hop!!!

14 comments:

Andrea Monday, September 20, 2010  

It is a beautiful one layer card! I always love sunset cards...makes me want to make one!

Anonymous,  Monday, September 20, 2010  

I LOVE the shading!!!!!! SO GORGEOUS :)

Tina Monday, September 20, 2010  

Gorgeous! The shading is remarkable.

Shaela Monday, September 20, 2010  

wow, this is great! thanks for the mini tut - I really want to try out the copic airbrush system...

Danni Monday, September 20, 2010  

How pretty!! Fabulous job!

Sparkle and Flourish Monday, September 20, 2010  

Katie...I love this!!! I must say I am like you and love the clean and simlpe on other people's work but rarely try it myself! Thanks for the little tutorial on your stunning card!

Hugs Judy xx

Kim Dellow Monday, September 20, 2010  

Gorgeous Katie! So love the scene you have made - so clever! Kim

Anonymous,  Monday, September 20, 2010  

Beautiful card and great tutorial Boss lady!

Carma Monday, September 20, 2010  

I love the silhouette look and the sun and sky are gorgeous!

Monique Monday, September 20, 2010  

This is just gorgeous Katie.. Thanks for the step by step tutorial!!

Michelle VP Monday, September 20, 2010  

Beautiful! I just love sunset cards. :)

Stephanie Zito Tuesday, September 21, 2010  

Stunning card Katie! Thanks for posting your tutorial!

MarkerGeek Wednesday, September 22, 2010  

Love this, Katie!! :) And thank you for sharing the mini tutorial!

And another big thank you to you and your team for playing with us!!

Randee E Friday, September 24, 2010  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Great tutorial!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP