Makeup 4 the Weekend #42

>> Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday means another Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps and I played along AGAIN! Woot Woot! Go me for playing my own company's challenge. BWAHAHA. I say that in jest because i often miss the deadline to play. So sad really. I'm REALLY going to be more on top of it this fall. :D


Ok... here's the challenge... it's a sketch challenge, but Ginger adapted the sketch so that both cardmakers AND scrapbookers can play! I LOVE that!

I went the route of the cardmaker because quite frankly... that was what i had time for this week!

The 2 sketches are very similar... but obviously are just tweaked slightly for if you want a layout or a card. I really wanted to have 1 of each for this challenge! but hey, at least i have something, right?

I used paper and embellies from the Arelia's World of Makeup Believe kit again. I'm telling you, i love that kit! The papers are all from Echo Park's Life is Good collection. I also used some fun glitter ribbon from Making Memories and cut strips of the adheisve fabric (from American Crafts) all of which comes in the kit. Also in the kit are the In Stitches blossoms with the buttons already sewn on. Man i love those things. The only elements on my card that are NOT from the kit is the cream cardstock that i used around the circles, the liquid pearls next to the sentiment and then sentiment itself. However, the sentiment is one of PMS's many simple sentiment stamps that is sold by itself and is currently on sale for only a buck (as bare rubber)! You can find it HERE.

Be sure to check out the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to see what else this challenge has to offer you! There are more samples, and another sketch for you to check out if you are a scrapper! AND there is a free stamp up for grabs! But you have to play to win! So check it out!!!

6 comments:

Kay D Friday, September 17, 2010  

SO pretty- love the happy colors and your paper ribbons are awesome!

Christi Flores Friday, September 17, 2010  

This is so sweet!! I love how you did the crinkled paper! So cute!!!

Carma Friday, September 17, 2010  

These papers are so fabulous. Can't wait to have a chance to play with them.

Ginny Friday, September 17, 2010  

Love how you used the adhesive fabric crinkled up to make the ribbon strips! And you already know how much I love the Echo Park papers!! I also love the flower ribbon hiding in the background ;)

Tracey Saturday, September 18, 2010  

Katie, this is gorgeous!! I love it!! xx

Anonymous,  Monday, September 20, 2010  

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at papermakeup.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP