1 card - 3 "assignments" WOOT!

>> Saturday, September 11, 2010

oooooo... i multi tasked for my card today! I wanted to have a card up for the Release in Review post for Paper Makeup Stamps... I am the sponsor for the challenge that went live at midnight over at Color Me Creative (more on that in a bit) AND sketch saturday is having a sketch challenge today that i was lucky enough to get a peek of the sketch before making my card!


So... 1 card... 3 "assignments". I feel accomplished!

My card went a little circus on me... no no no... it's daring. Afterall, life is a daring adventure, or nothing! RIght? hehehehe. Ok, so yeah, it's a seriously bright and glittery card! But i was in a chipper mood making it since i just had my first date night in a couple of years (not kidding!)

Ok... so here's my "assignments" for the day!
Well... the review was easy... just wanted to use one of the new releases from the September release! Done and Done and in fact, i used 2! The pinwheel is Kat's Pinwheel and it is SO much fun to color (again.... more on that later!!!) and the wordart is the new larger sized Daring Adventure wordart.

Next up... I (personally, not the stamp company) am this week's challenge hostess in the Copic Challenge group over at the Color Me Creative Classroom. Anyone can be a member of this challenge group. Just become a member of Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom (she also have phenom classes, but you can be a community member for free). For the challenge this week, I challenge everyone to use feather blending of 2 contrasting colors. So by contrasting, they need to be opposite of each other or at least very different from each other. In this case, i used Blue into Red (B37, B34, B31, R30, R32, R35, R37 - yes i fit all those into that tiny space!) and then also YR18, YR15, YR12, YG11, YG13, YG17.

To achieve this look, i work from the outsides in starting with my darkest colors first and then eventually overlapping my lightest colors in the center.

GIVEAWAY - i'm giving away 2 new release stamps to a participant of this challenge! So go over and check it out!!!

Ok, last but not least is the sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday.
The sketch is fun and since i knew i wanted to use the pinwheel image for my copic challenge i thought, well hot dog! That star can be a pinwheel! hahaha! And a wordart is still an image right? Well, it is to me! ;) My hardest part was the thinnest strip. I knew i wanted to follow the sketch and have something there... but my background paper had been covered quite a bit. So i used fun fiber! I rarely pull this out, but i just feel like it worked out perfectly! My other variation is my mat on the wordart image. Thats actually a negative cut from a MTME project i did a bit back. I save every single scrap. I was going to cut off the bump on the top, but it looked kinda fun and very marquee esque. Since my card was already a little carnival-ish... i decided to run with it and even used some bling to add to the glitz! I also used my new Smooch Spritz on 2 of my extra cardstock pieces. Holy MOLY does that stuff sparkle! That pink and blue cardstock was just plain ol' cardstock before my smooch got a hold of it (and my fingers! hahahahah, i am one glitter monster today!)

Ok... perhaps i'm still giddy from my date night, but now i must go. Have a wonderful day! Be sure to check out those awesome challenges and play along!!!!!


8 comments:

Tracey Saturday, September 11, 2010  

Such a fabulous card Katie!! I am loving the glitter and that pinwheel!! xx

Andrea Saturday, September 11, 2010  

A fun card for sure! Date nights are always good...glad you were able to get one!!

Christi Flores Saturday, September 11, 2010  

This is wonderful sweetie! Wow!!

Christi Flores Saturday, September 11, 2010  

This is wonderful sweetie! Wow!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug Saturday, September 11, 2010  

Love your colorful card & your feathering technique.

Noreen Saturday, September 11, 2010  

I like the cute pinwheel in the corner.

Carma Saturday, September 11, 2010  

Loving the sparkle and the fiber adds great dimension. Love it.

Lisa Hjulberg Monday, September 13, 2010  

Oh, I love your card, especially the pinwheel and the sparkle! A very clever design indeed! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP