A Friendly Challenge with Verve

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

So at the most recent Verve Stamps release... i was hemming and hawing over what stamps to get. And i was thinking, i do have so many stamps that need to see some ink... but man these are so cah-uuuuuute! I NEEEEEED them. We've all been there right? Trying to decide whether or not we truly need to have another flower set? Well... my dear friend Tina is ever the enabler. She said, oh you HAVE to get them, because i am going to challenge you to use them! And challenge she did! She issued 2 challenges... one to use a sketch based off of THIS CARD and then to make a tag. We ended up getting the same stamp sets, so this was a fun "challenge". I can't wait to see what she came up with! She issued these challenges the night of the verve release, but we both had so much going on with other releases (included both of us with PMS) that we decided September 12th would be OUR challenge day! It's a bit of a...um.... throwdown if you will!

So here's what i did with the sketch challenge...

I used Verve's set, Great Friend. I LOVE those flowers! And i mean LOVE! I love that there are both outlines and solids. I even created my own background paper with them. I was 100% the stamper for this card! :D And look what else fun you can do with this set...
Layers GALORE! I love giving added dimension to a card or scrapbook layout and foam adhesive just rocks! Plus it doesnt add a lot of weight but it does give depth!!! I did add both blind and stickles to the top most layer to so there is some mega depth. It's a good thing i hand delivered this card yesterday (i had a friend having a bummer of a day so i had her in mind for this card the whole time anyway!)


Ok... next challenge was to make a tag. Easy enough, right? Well i stamped the front of this um, maybe 7 or 8 times? Or MORE. I just couldnt get it right. The ink wouldnt do what i wanted to, and then the embossing wouldnt work the way i wanted. I finally figured out my perfect combo and then i was very pleased with the result. I think this tag would make a great bookmark and i have just the person in mind to send it to. :D Oh yeah, you have to see it right?

I had a really hard time photographing it after everything. The embossing powder really reflected the light. hahahaha. It does look prettier in real life, but you get the idea.

Ok... so now you have to see what tina did. No doubt they are STUNNING!

5 comments:

Unknown Sunday, September 12, 2010  

Absolutely gorgeous, Katie! Love all the stamping and layered flower goodness on the card and the tag is fabulous!!

Ginny Sunday, September 12, 2010  

Too fun that you did a challenge throwdown haha. AND I love the card and it so totally fixed my day... well that and pumpkin spice lattes!

Tina Sunday, September 12, 2010  

Oh my good gravy! That card is incredibly beautiful! The bling really sets it off and of course, all those layers make my heart pitter patter.

The tag is super cute too. You just can't go wrong with Verve stamps....and PMS stamps.

It was a fun throwdown!

Carma Sunday, September 12, 2010  

LOVE the layered flowers on the card!!!

Christi Flores Tuesday, September 14, 2010  

I love it all!! Pure gorgeousness!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP