Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop!

>> Tuesday, September 7, 2010


It's here! It's finally here! The Paper Makeup Stamps blog hop!

If you've been going along the hop you should have come here from the always ingenius Randee's blog! If not... well then you need to start at the beginning. There is a LOT of information on the company blog that you just don't want to miss about this release!

And now I have some info of my own about my project... and I know you're along for the ride of a long hop, so i'll cut the chit chat and get right down to it!

Here is my project for you...

It is painfully on my mind that my baby is going to turn 2 in a week! TWO! Thats a full blown toddler and not a baby. I'm actually having a very very hard time with it and my hubby seems to think it's both funny and that i'm mad at the same time!

This card and little giftie i made for him. Ok, so it's true that a 2 year old cant really appreciate a card made for them, but I handwrite a long note inside the birthday cards of the boys and then tuck them away for them to have when they are older. Granted again, they are BOYS so maybe they will never really care. haha.

But for a 2 year old boy.. Gabe does love his clothes. Actually, he loves running around naked too. Haha. but when you pull out a new shirt for him he squeals in delight "MY SHHHHHHHHHHIRT!" and clamours to put it on. So even though he wont really get that i hand stamped it, he will get that its new and it's a duck and there are bubbles which is all i can ask for! :D

So yes, this shirt is hand stamped using Bubbles the Duck and colored with copics. I've been planning to do something like this, for, oh, months now! And i'm finally getting around to it!
I stamped the image with memento ink and then heat set it. Then i colors it with copics and heat set it once again. And that is that!
So here's the matching card. Of course again, i used Bubbles the Duck on my card.
I also used a sentiment from the Little Moments sentiment set. This set was previewed yesterday, but i didnt have a card to show. but today i do! haha! I adore this sentiment from the set. I think it's my favorite! Maybe it's because i'm terribly nostalgic right now with the thought of my baby turning 2. Did i tell you my baby is turning 2 in a week! ACK!

It truly is the little moments we have to enjoy the most before they are gone. I've been trying to take the extra time to do trips to the park, zoo, playdough in the kitchen, etc lately because i just feel like all too often I get wrapped up in how busy things get, and i miss the little moments. The ones we are supposed to enjoy the most!

Here is a more closeup view of the image and sentiment. Bubbles again was colored with copic markers. Y32, Y35, Y38 for his yellow feathers and then Y32 and Y0000 for his belly. Because the yellow tones can get so bright and not so much "shadowy" i used a bit of w3 and blended that with my deep yellow colors to make sure he still looks shadowed.

Okily Dokily! Thats what i have for you and it's time now for you to hop along to the next stop on your route! Please give a warm hello to our guest designer for the whole month, Alex Lundgren. Alex has been a lovely fan and supporter of PMS and i'm so happy that she is joining us for the month!

Ok... one last thing for you! My LETTER! My letter for you is the letter I!
Check back in to my blog tomorrow... i'm going to post my BLOG CANDY for reaching 100,000 hits!

Have an awesome day! I hope to see you tonight at the PMS release party! 9PM EST, be there or be square!

24 comments:

Bonnie Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

How awesome!! He is sure to adore it and will always ask for his Ducky shirt!!

dawnmercedes Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Oooh...how will you bear to see those boy messes on such a cute shirt! haha

Jami Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Awwww....how cute that he gets excited for new clothes! And this will definitely make him smile!! I love this little duck!

silvia Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Gabe's new shirt!!!

AScrappersDelight Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Katie I love Gabe's shirt! (Madi is in DEFINITE need of one those) Such a clever idea!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Precious! I can't believe your baby is going to be TWO either! Wow! Love this project and I do the same thing with cards! :)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

awwww...the onsie is adorable and I'm totally LOVING the card :)

JayLynn Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

So adorable!! I love the blue and yellow, it's so pretty :)

Randee E Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

LOVE this combo! I'm sure your little birthday boy will love it too :0) The textured paper is perfect for the "bubble theme" such a cutie!

Stephanie Zito Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Oh my how adorable Katie! I'm sure Gabe will absolutely LOVE his new shirt I really like the embossed bubbles on your card! Beautiful creations!

Christi Flores Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

How sweet!! I had a very hard time when Dylan turned two so I can totally relate. You'll be OK Mama and you know I'm here if you need to talk. :) He is going to LOVE this sweetie! Fantastic job!!

jan farnworth Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

really cute you did a great job ms katie

Danni Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Awww, it is so hard when they grow up and they aren't our little babies anymore.
What a sweet gift and an adorable card!! Fabulous!
Thank YOU for having me on your awesome team!!

Tina Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

So, so cute! I love the shirt and I am sure Gabe will look cute in it. They do grow up soooo fast.

And, thanks to you for keeping me along for the ride, I love this team!

Noreen Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

That's a sweet story about your little one. They do grow up so fast. Be sure to take some photos of him opening his duck shirt, and wearing it.

Michelle VP Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

Oh how sweet! He's going to love this shirt and he will appreciate looking back at cards you made for him when he's older. My oldest is approaching 13 and he can't wait to be a teenager! I'm proud to see him growing up, but I miss the little 2yo he used to be too.

Alexandra Lundgren Tuesday, September 07, 2010  

This is so wonderful Katie. Sorry they are growing up, but you are in my FAVORITE age now. Enjoy every minute of it, I know you will. You are such a wonderful Mamma!

Unknown Wednesday, September 08, 2010  

How cute.... love it!!! I know how you feel! My baby is 10 now and my bigger baby is 15 and just got his driving permit (I'm going to go gray quick, lol)!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Mama Vix Wednesday, September 08, 2010  

My baby turns 2 in a couple of months and I don't know where the time went... everyday is an adventure with her :) Love your card, it's really cute. x

Unknown Wednesday, September 08, 2010  

I've been meaning to stamp on a shirt, too, but haven't gotten around to it yet...this is very cute.

AKiteFlier Thursday, September 09, 2010  

OMG stinkin cute - I LOVE this duck and bubble! AND yes - even boys DO care about the cards we make them - my 21 year old still has cards from me when he was little and he keeps them in a special box. He loves the cards I have made for him as he reached milestones - graduation, first job, new job, etc etc. SO hang in there and keep making them. :-)

Von Thursday, September 09, 2010  

Bubbles is soo adorable! Love your card!

Kristie W. Friday, September 10, 2010  

Soooo cute!!! I'm sure he must have loved it!!

Andrea Saturday, September 11, 2010  

Eeek! That shirt is too adorable! Love it! And the card is cute too. I save my cards for the kids too so that they can appreciate them when they are older.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP