See, i told ya i'd get inky!

>> Sunday, May 31, 2009



I told ya i'd get inky today and i did!  I woke up this morning and thought to myself "self, you have an hour before you have to get ready for church... GO!" So i made myself some coffee (and made note that i need to get some more K Cups!) and went to work on the There She Goes color challenge of using black, white and another color of choice.  I chose Distress Ink tattered rose as my other color because it's my newest ink pad that i hadnt even taken the plastic off of yet.  You know... everytime i use distress ink i'm reminded how much i love it and then question myself as to why i dont own all the colors.  I really should fix that problem the next time they are on sale at Hobby Lobby!


Ok, onto the card... I used TSG's Thinking of You set.  





This sweet little gem is only 5 bucks!  And let me tell you, this is some good clear rubber!  You never know when you're trying out a new company but it's as good as my other favie clear companies (verve, papertrey, ctmh, you get the idea) so it's good stuff.




First i started with one of the flower batches and stamped it in versamark ink on some good quality white cardstock. I then stamped it 2 more times on either side of the first to make the row longer. It was from the scrap bin, so i'm not positive to what it was, but it was one of the good ones, neenah, papertrey, maybe ctmh or SU... not sure) And then i used clear embossing powder over it and heat set it. Then i did the emboss resist technique which i've actually done a tutorial on eons ago but it's kind of an age old stamping technique and i think most gals know it. If not, just email me and i'll explain it all to ya!

Then i stamped the thinking of you sentiment on another square also in the same tattered rose ink, and then again on top of that in black. I've really been digging the "ghost" effect i've seen on a few cards and i figured today was as good a day as any to try it out. There's a close up of the sentiment up top because i'm not sure you can see the ghost image in the full view photo.

I did want a little something extra on the bottom panel and i thought a bird sillouette would be perfect! There She Goes even has a set of all bird sillouettes that has a strip of flowers and grass that would have been perfect for this card. You can see it here and it's called Here for You. Alas... i dont own this set. hahahahaha. But then i did remember i have a bird sillouette set by PaperTrey Ink called Birds of a Feather and while most of the bird images are larger... PTI often (if not always) includes a coordinating stamp in the set that is a hand stamped for you by stamp and it often has an image with it. So i used a dew drop ink to only ink up the little bird and stamped that onto my flower panel. PERFECT! :) I love it when as my friend Tangii says, the planets align and cards just turn out like you want!"

So thats my card for today! :) And i feel better about myself for actually getting inky today! hahaha. The house is still a wreck. My craft room needs some major help before i have company next week and i'm still aching to do just a few more of the Stampin Out Alzheimer's challenges before the day is up! Oh, and the hubster wants to go look at cars because we might trade mine in which makes me want to absolutely cry as i LOVE my car, but it would save us money and we do need another seat, so..... we're LOOKING. LOOOOOOOOKING! :)

Ok, thats all my babble for today! :) Chat with everyone sooner than later!

5 comments:

Tracey Sunday, May 31, 2009  

Great card Katie! Love the colour combo!

There She Goes Clear Stamps Sunday, May 31, 2009  

Awesome job Katie! I llove the layout and your color choice :)

Nancy Sunday, May 31, 2009  

Love the card, Katie!! It's awesome!!

Meli Palmer Friday, June 05, 2009  

This card is so simple and SWEET. Love it. Did you guys decide on a car or are you still looking?

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP