PMS Monday Challenge: Spring A Ding Ding

>> Monday, June 1, 2009

Mornin' everyone!!!  It's monday.... not my favorite day of the week but for some reason i'm pumped to get this next week started.  Maybe it's because the PMS summer release sneak peeks start this week?  Maybe it's because my mama and grandmama are coming into town for the weekend?  I really dont know because my house is a wreck, i feel crazy behind... maybe i'm just looking forward to getting caught up!  But i think i need a spring board to get me there!  


And speaking of spring board... thats the inspiration challenge this week at the PMS blog.  This week it was Mindy Baxter's turn to give us a challenge.  Scheduled to be an inspiration challenge, Mindy was really wanting to try the spiral/pop up style of card so we were supposed to get inspired by anything spiral or pop up.  I have never in my life made a pop up card.  It's definitely fun and i think it'd be great when making cards for kids.  What kid doesnt like interactive stuff!  Granted mine would just tear the spiral out of the card, i'm sure!  haha.

First... the front of my card...


I used the bee and sentiment from my Buggy Sayings. This quote is one of my all time favorite quotes and it has been since i was a kid. So obviously it was a natural choice for one of the first PMS sets. Is it bad that this is the first time i've used it!? The bees are actually COVERED in spica pen but since i took this photo last night, there was no good light to catch the glimmer.

And onto the inside of my card...




Since this is my very first spiral or even pop up card, i was very pleased with the turn out. :) These little bees make me smile. :)

Ok, no go over to the PMS blog to see more fabby creations and to do the challenge yourself!

2 comments:

Froggy Friday, June 05, 2009  

That card is so freakin adorable Katie!! I love it!! Awesome job! :)

Meli Palmer Friday, June 05, 2009  

I LOVE that quote too. Did you know I am *in love* with bumblebees? My name (Melissa) actually means "bee" in Greek. And my brother used to call me that as a random nickname when he was a baby...seriously, he just came up with it on his own! I even have a bee tattooed on me.
This card could not be cuter if it tried. Great job and I hope you have (or had?) fun with your family.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP