Birthday bust and a Monday Challenge PMS card!

>> Monday, June 29, 2009

Thank you so much to all my well wishers for my birthday! My hubby forgot. Yep, totally forgot. I got lots of roses on saturday though. but here's my crazy thinking... i got 3 dozen GORGEOUS roses, and i wanted to say to him... honey, do you know how many markers and refills i could buy with that?! hahahahaha. He did try to make it up to me all weekend, which is part of the reason i havent posted much. That and the reason that my house needs some definite attention before my parents come to visit this next weekend!

Ok, and now onto my card for the day.... I finally was able to participate in another Paper Makeup Stamps Monday Challenge! This week was Tina's turn to issue our challenge and she chose the faux silk technique. Um... i've been living under a rock because i had never even HEARD of this challenge before! But it was fun and very very simple. You just stamp onto tissue paper, crinkle it all up, flatten it back out, glue it onto a piece of cardstock (i just used a glue stick all over the cardstock... i knew that glue stick would come in handy again some day!) and then press the tissue paper down. Viola! And it gives you this really pretty texture that i hope my photo captured enough for you. I was very lazy and didnt take the picture until well after dark when i had the card done by my 2! Silly me.

Here is my faux silk card...


I used Nature's Song by Paper Makeup Stamps. I really do love this set. Silvia outdid herself on these graphics and i just love the font so much (obviously, since i used it for the PMS logo!). THe quotes are really spoke to me. I just love this set!!! And GASP, i did not use copics! Granted its a little hard to use copics on a solid image (though you CAN! i'll do a quickie tutorial on that soon). I pulled out the old trusty LePlume markers to color directly onto the stamp .

Here's the rest of


Stamp
Image and Sentiment from Nature's Song by Paper Makeup Stamps

Colors and Inks
LePlume Markers in NO96 jungle green, NO 85 Mocha and NO 75 Sky Blue

Paper
Patterned is Basic Grey Mellow collection
Cardstock is Yam Bazzill and Brown Paper Studio

Tools and Accessories
Hemp Twine
Photo Anchors and brads by CTMH in terracotta
Cats Eye Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan


Don't forget to check out the PMS Blog to see other lovely creations by the design team! :)

8 comments:

Kim Monday, June 29, 2009  

Katie that is beautiful!!!!

Tina Monday, June 29, 2009  

It's gorgeous!
So glad the hubster made amends...hear ya on the markers!

Unknown Monday, June 29, 2009  

Gorgeous card Katie - can't wait to try this one :0)

Ciacchina Monday, June 29, 2009  

semplice, ma molto carina e d'effetto!

Lou Sims Tuesday, June 30, 2009  

WOW - this is stunning. Love all your card ideas - so original.

Lou
x

Lisa Kind Thursday, July 02, 2009  

So pretty! The dp is a perfect choice!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP